IGNORED

What’s some good SNES games?

segasaturn

Im getting back into collecting (sold half my collection/consoles and games I never really got into). But one system I didnt get rid of was my SNES. It sounds and looks like a fun system to collect for, but I only have literally one game for it; Rockos modern life: Spunkys Dangerous day. Any good games youd recommend me to start out with? Whats some of your favorites?

Nobody mentioned Zelda or Metroid yet? Wow. Actually, be sure you grab anything thats on the SNES Classic. Theyre all winners.

You may want to just invest in a flashcart now, if youre starting from zero.

I'd second both of that. SNES is one of the most ridiculously priced console systems out there if you want even more of the mainstream 1st/3rd party games, and then if you get into the few genuine rares or the faux rares flippers have made more expensive than probably should be it gets ugly fast.

Not wanting to recommend first party, SNES classic, or mainline franchise rollovers (other than a few) from the NES period I can name some solid things but research is on you.

- Dracula X

- Star Trek Starfleet Academy Bridge Simulator

- ActRaiser

- Disney's Aladdin

- Axelay

- Final Fight (the trilogy)

- King of Dragons

- Ogre Battle

- Gradius III

- Sunset Riders

- Soul Blazer

- UN Squadron

- TMNT 4

- Space Megaforce

- Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (if you don't have them on NES, plus has password save)

- Sid Meier's Civilization

- Joe & Mac

- Indiana Jones and his Greatest Adventures

- Blackthorne

- Rock n Roll Racing

- The Lost Vikings

Solid varied list there, all US releases and not on the SNES classic and can be run on the cheaper Super Everdrive too.

Edit: Also forgot to mention, Super Gameboy. If you have a library of original pre-GBC (or GBC black cart hybrid) games they run very beautifully on there, and uniquely has SGB made games with their own borders/colorsets/digital audio that the GBA (GB Player) won't even do.

Edited by Tanooki

Most Nintendo inhouse games rock, so will not name them

Turtles in Time

Contra III Alien Wars

FFIII

Chrono Cross

Secret of Mana

Secret of Evermore

Super Castlevania

Street fighter 2

You probably mean Chrono Trigger. Chrono Cross is for PSX (and not as good as CT, IMO, though not terrible either)