IGNORED

TurboGrafx-16 Collecting with Dad in the 90's

Hey guys! Some of you are aware of the series I produce, "My Retro Life", which uses old home movie clips of my collecting days in the 90s.

Well, the latest episode (link above) in the series is all on the TurboGrafx, and more specifically, tells the story of how I came to own and collect for my TurboDuo in 1995.
It is with great joy that I get to share these memories with you, the hardcore Turbo fans. Hope you enjoy!
  • Like 3

I got my TurboGrafx-16 for Christmas when I was in high school, so it was probably '91 or '92. It came with a coupon for a free game if you sent in the UPC and proof of purchase, so I got Blazing Lazers for free. I got Legendary Axe that same Christmas. Later, I got other games later at various places, including rental stores when they were selling off their rental games, pawn shops, and Turbo Zone Direct. I still have an order form for TZD... wish I could get some of those games for those prices these days... Never have gotten the CD system, though. Anyway, nice vid.

The only system my dad was ever really interested in was when he brought home an intellivision (model 1) ;-) and most of the sports games for it :P. I spent the early 80's trying to build up the library with many more exciting games than those (never liked "legit" sports much). I once tried to get him to play pro wrestling on the NES (he is a big wrestling fan going back to the days of the original Sheik) but that really didn't go anywhere. I don't think he's ever touched any of my other systems, certainly not my TG16!.