IGNORED

Black Friday Deals 2017?

mikey.shake

I told myself I was gonna be good this year. But someone gave me a prepaid gift card and I'll be damned if I didn't end up at Krikzz.com ordering a Master Everdrive (the cheapest flash cart on my wishlist). My Master System... system (?) will now be one step closer to complete. It's just those damn goggles eluding me now.

How about everyone else? Any super deals to be had today? I generally loathe the horrific human behavior of Black Friday after an incident at Walmart about 8-10 years ago and try to avoid the in-person version. But for us gentle hippies here at AA, are there any finds/deals/codes to be shared with the group, beyond Krikzz's usual sale?

I went to Stoneage Gamer this morning and picked up an Everdrive GB X3 + violet shell and 8 GB SD card for $62 shipped. Only catch is the X3 board is on backorder so I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before they are back in stock. But, the new stock will be the revision B board which is supposed to fix compatibility issues that have been reported with the Gameboy Pocket.

I really prefer to buy from SAG rather than Krikzz's store because my orders tend to get delivered only 2-3 days from the time they ship it out, and they also allow you to use paypal. I'm uncomfortable using that Polish money transfer service on Krikzz site.

Edited by zetastrike

I've barely got enough to get one in my account after all things, but I'm like nervous. 20% isn't a bad deal but things still come along. I'd like to get the NES N8 model which is $94+shipping from retrogate. SAG would be faster but eating more money for speed kind of sucks.

DJ there made one of my points of nervousness -- overkill choice and the other would be I think I'd rarely use it. I picked up this year along the Everdrive GB and the Super Everdrive +DSP and I lightly have time to use them around all the Switch goodies that have popped up, but it's not their fault as much as my time as I've rarely touched my 3DS despite getting that Mario RPG and Metroid before which are nowhere near the end let alone probably the half way point either. Too much to do is a huge put off, but I think I'd really like to have one but not worth cleaning myself out over it.

The sales run all weekend don't they?

I'd like to get the X7 for the Genesis, but I do not have the funds now. I'd rather just slowly save up. Those are not going to sell out (or if they do, they will be back), and my Genesis isn't going anywhere,

I was going to be good, but I could not pass up 50% off the new South Park game (PS4 version) from Amazon.

I ended up finding at HPB Rebel Strike for GC for $8, a $3.50 CIB My Little Pony GBA game for my little girl, and also an imported Retro Gamer magazine for around $6 and it's a special edition one that covers game systems (whatever the format) from the early days through 2001 (so GC/PS2 era is the cutoff.) That last one looked like a great read, and the first one being a Factor 5 star wars game seemed like a no brainer to check out on the GC HDMI cable. That's how much I was able to afford to splurge, pathetic no?

Like your green schleich dragon avatar, I got that exact one in a box still.

Are the SNES pads SNES or USB controllers?

That's Herbe the Dragon - he's pretty cool!

The pads are standard SNES controllers (not USB) that I use with the RetroDuo and Supaboy systems .

The pads are very good - http://www.stoneagegamer.com/snes-s91-controller.html

and very much like the TXX controllers - http://www.stoneagegamer.com/snes-controller-ttx-tech.html

post-4618-0-33193600-1512151864.jpg

Edited by chuckwalla

Might be a while on my flash cart...when I placed my order at SAG, it said they were in stock, but now I check and it says it's backordered.

Ah well. In the mean time, I should probably start preparing my SD card. ¬_¬

Edited by Asaki