freetz

ABBUC Software Competition 2018

Hi everyone,

the year 2018 hasn't even started yet, but I still wanted open this thread for anyone interested as some of you may already want to start coding (or finishing unfinished) programs for the next contest.

I'll post the (only slightly updated) rules on the ABBUC website soon, but here are the key aspects in short:

- Deadline is again the 31st of July

- The web portal is open from 1 January onwards and submissions have to be made through http://asc.abbuc.de

- The coding rules have not changed this year, so it's still possible to submit programs which make use of extensions for the Atari

- The only change in the rules limits the possible ways of voting to "just" three, i.e. the online portal, letter or directly at the ABBUC assembly

Please feel free to use this thread to present your contributions whenever you are ready.

Cheers,

F.

• Like 6

Cool !

Will there be a hardware contest again too ?

:D

Edited by Level42

Does Software contest also include utility and application programs again? Will they be separate from games contest or together?

Yes and yes. But there have to be at least three contributions of substantial quality from different authors for the contest to take place.

Can you provide a link to the rules and what categories there are?

The link above is just about contest submissions and voting.

Our third kid has just been born, so I haven't had time to update the website. However, the rules are the same as the ones last year, except some minor changes in the voting process.

• Like 2

Our third kid has just been born, so I haven't had time to update the website.

Well, that's no excuse. :D

However, the rules are the same as the ones last year, except some minor changes in the voting process.

Can you provide a link to the rules for the previous year then?

Our third kid has just been born, so I haven't had time to update the website. However, the rules are the same as the ones last year, except some minor changes in the voting process.

Congratulations! You must be the happiest man in the world.

• Like 1

i think that rule 2.1.4 to mention the "ABBUC Software Wettbewerb 2017" on the title screen needs to update the year in both versions ;)

Edited by MaPa
  • Like 1

Anyone want to create a title screen / graphic for my skiing game?

The working title "is SKI-IT" with the two idea of the two I's being the skis ;)

Perhaps a skier jumping over some logs or fences or something?!

Also want a "cheering cround" sound for the end of the race and a "tick tock" clock sound - these can be done in BASIC if that helps :)

Edited by therealbountybob

I hope to contribute to this year's contest, nothing special though, I'll have only one month :)

• Like 6

I hope to contribute to this year's contest as well, nothing special though. I'll have only 4 hours :P

• Like 5

Anyone want to create a title screen / graphic for my skiing game?

The working title "is SKI-IT" with the two idea of the two I's being the skis ;)

Perhaps a skier jumping over some logs or fences or something?!

Also want a "cheering cround" sound for the end of the race and a "tick tock" clock sound - these can be done in BASIC if that helps :)

I think it might be cool to find a good skier image and Rastaconvert it, then use G2F to add in your title. I could do the Rasta conversion part if you wanted, but I've never used G2F so someone else would have to load up the Rasta image and fix it in G2F.

Edited by Gunstar