IGNORED

ABBUC Software Competition 2018

freetz

I'm currently working ona game for contest, it's progressing nicely, should be finished before deadline.
Now the question for Freetz: is it possible to show the gameplay of the game on art festival in October without breaking the rules?enemies.gif

maze.gif

Edited by gorgh
  • Like 10

No, promoting the program is fine, just don't make it available/distribute it to a larger audience (a limited amount of beta testers is fine).

One more note: I'll be going on holidays on Saturday and will return only in beginning of August, i.e. after the deadline. For those who have not submitted through the new online system, I would advise to just submit a draft before end of this week. This way you can still reach me in case of problems (which should not arise if you duly follow the process :) ). You can still update your entry right until the deadline, so there is not harm in submitting early.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i started working on a new game today, it will take me more than 4 hours to do it

(i mentioned 4hours in some other comment above, however I decided to do something totally different than I intended that time)

• Like 7

As mentioned before, you can submit several times before the deadline and it doesn't have to be a fully working program in the beginning. However, only fully playable/usable contributions will be accepted into the competition in the end. Good luck!

Still fixing my entry :-o

"by the 31st" - please can someone please confirm the deadline - do I have until the end of tomorrow 31st ? Time?

The rules say the following:

"The submission needs to reach the software resort latest by 31st

of July of the year in which the contest is conducted."

Not sure if 31st July means 31st July here in Germany, New Zealand, West-Indies, Falkland islands, Antarctica, Siberia, etc. In other words, the timezone is not clearly set... which you may take as your advantage... (it must still be 31st July 2018 anywhere in the world, but on planet earth, not mars, jupiter or pluto time)... ;-)

Besides, you can contribute your program (online!) in its current status and upload the fixed version some hours or a day later (as long as it is still 31st July)...

• Like 1

The deadline is 23:59:59 on 31st July German time (GMT+2). That's how the portal is coded and as ABBUC is a Germany-based club, that should not be an issue. The portal will automatically close, so better hurry up ;)...

Edited by freetz
  • Like 2

@freetz: I would like to update my game, but i have no screenshots in my cellphone. Is it possible to update just binary file?

I'm on vacation, testing game on Coleen and I found an issue with design of 3rd level. I have fixed it in binary using hex editor, but I'm not sure if I can update it without losing screenshots that I submitted first time.

• Like 4

No, you have to upload everything in one go, this way we make sure that people can't say later that they forgot to erase old screenshots etc.

Send me an e-mail to software@abbuc.de before you edit anything, then I can send you the images you have uploaded before and then you can update your entry in one go.

• Like 1