IGNORED

What's up with Froggie?

NostAlgae37

I keep checking the store for Froggie, and it never shows up for sale. I saw photos of the cartridge, manual, and box in another thread awhile back and have been eagerly awaiting its arrival since. Does it have something to do with a shortage of available pokeys? If so, I have one to spare (although I was saving it for tep392's Dig Dug PK/XM should it ever see fruition). Thanks.

I keep checking the store for Froggie, and it never shows up for sale. I saw photos of the cartridge, manual, and box in another thread awhile back and have been eagerly awaiting its arrival since. Does it have something to do with a shortage of available pokeys? If so, I have one to spare (although I was saving it for tep392's Dig Dug PK/XM should it ever see fruition). Thanks.

Thats going to use the ym xm chip. Well years ago was one rumour I heard.

Don't hold onto it for Dig Dug. I've put that project on hold until the XM actually ships and my plan is for it to use the Yamaha sound chip. There won't be a POKEY version. I have something else in the works right now that I'm very excited about. The new project will have TIA and POKEY support.

• Like 8

Froggie as it is right now is fully playable (from what I can tell, at least) and supports both TIA and POKEY. The TIA version sounds surprisingly good, and the POKEY version will probably make you need to change your pants.

I did notice though that theres no real sound for when the frog makes it to its destination, though, so it needs at least that much still done.

Don't hold onto it for Dig Dug. I've put that project on hold until the XM actually ships and my plan is for it to use the Yamaha sound chip. There won't be a POKEY version. I have something else in the works right now that I'm very excited about. The new project will have TIA and POKEY support.

Sounds great! As a supporter of the XM thank you!
  • Like 1

Hi Perry

lmk,if you need a tester ?

• Like 1

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/263862-new-2017-homebrew-games-available-here-first/?p=3881806

• Like 1

Official world from Al, for those that do not have access to the subscriber forum: the author is making some tweaks to the TIA version, which is why Froggie is not yet available for sale. There will be both a TIA and Pokey version available in early 2018 but youll have to supply your own Pokey if you want that version.

• Like 1

"You do not have permission to view this forum."

Sorry, I forgot about that, you can only view that forum as a subscriber, or staff member. :dunce:

Al stated it will go on sale early next year and the author is improving the TIA only version at the moment.

• Like 2

Subscribers only thread. Which reminds me, I need to renew. Apparently my yearly sub has lapsed. :sad:

Froggie as it is right now is fully playable (from what I can tell, at least) and supports both TIA and POKEY. The TIA version sounds surprisingly good, and the POKEY version will probably make you need to change your pants.

I did notice though that theres no real sound for when the frog makes it to its destination, though, so it needs at least that much still done.

How good is the TIA audio? Due to the scarcity of Pokeys, I may hold onto my lone Pokey chip for a future project (or upgraded Pacman Collection :grin:). The TIA music in Beef Drop (RIP Ken Siders :_() was fine by me, so if Froggie is comparable, I may hold off on a Pokey variant for now.

Edited by Kosmic Stardust

5200 XM? :)