IGNORED

What's up with Froggie?

NostAlgae37

Oooo - the 5200 expansion connector pinout. Intriguing!

Don't get your hopes up. CPUWiz, and others, have said the bandwidth is extremely limited. Any serious upgrade would have to be internal* and would require a BIOS upgrade too.

*Like with the Atari 8-bits, you can do Dual POKEY, VBXE, or Sophia upgrades on the 5200.

• 1 month later...

Official world from Al, for those that do not have access to the subscriber forum: the author is making some tweaks to the TIA version, which is why Froggie is not yet available for sale. There will be both a TIA and Pokey version available in early 2018 but youll have to supply your own Pokey if you want that version.

Sixersfan105 is right, I was working on a TIA improvement (thanks to iesposta at this point).

Actually I finished it it but personal business keep me back to do the final steps.

I hope we will manage to release Froggie this year (finally).

• Like 8

Sixersfan105 is right, I was working on a TIA improvement (thanks to iesposta at this point).

Actually I finished it it but personal business keep me back to do the final steps.

If we buy the tia version, will it be xm enhanced for pokey sound if connected to xm? enjoy tia sound sound now, pokey later? Like beef drop? :grin:

• 4 months later...

How are the final steps going on the TIA version? If the POKEY version is finished, any idea if we could purchase that from Al now (if we supply our own POKEY)?

LOL! My first thought was BB was for Bentley Bear, not Ballblazer. :!: :D

I have one of those, but I'm not sacrificing it for anything. :)

Would that be like a Pokey Partial Circle of life?

Ballblazer Pokey sacrificed for a Crystal Quest with Bentley Bear cart.

Crystal Quest with Bentley Bear Pokey sacrificed for a Froggie Cart.

• Like 2

Would that be like a Pokey Partial Circle of life?

Ballblazer Pokey sacrificed for a Crystal Quest with Bentley Bear cart.

Crystal Quest with Bentley Bear Pokey sacrificed for a Froggie Cart.

Not a good trade imo.

I'm still on the fence with regards to utilizing a pokey for froggie. The tia audio in Beef drop was very good. If the sound is comparable in froggie, I may just wait for that version and save the pokey(s) for future use.

Not a good trade imo.

I'm still on the fence with regards to utilizing a pokey for froggie. The tia audio in Beef drop was very good. If the sound is comparable in froggie, I may just wait for that version and save the pokey(s) for future use.

I would keep it in BBCQ. Circus Atariage is one I think could have doe fine with tia. Im interested in non pokey Froggie too and I like my non pokey Beef Drop just fine.

• Like 1

Dont you guys want best possible audio from your games? Im surprised anyone would voluntarily choose a non-pokey version of anything! Were only talking a $20 difference (if you dont have pokeys lying around and need to source your own ballblazer)!

Sorry but I didn't feel like the music in Circus AA was worth the upcharge for Pokey. BBCQ was different and had a lot more variation in music.

Also I have played Frogger in various varieties. I also don't play Beef Drop for the music. So I appreciate the 7800 library being grown but its not a game I want to pay $70 for especially when its on so many platforms. I could buy a rare SNES game for that same price.

I feel the same way about the boxes. Remove the Pokey and box and I go from having one good homebrew to three for the same price.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...