IGNORED

SNES2JAG AV Converter Official Order List

Judas-Prime

Just to give everyone a heads up on future SNES2Jag and GEN2Jag converters.

Moving forward I will take orders as they come rather than the "Make batch/sell a batch" model. If you are interested in either item, just send me a private message and we can set up the payment and shipping details of your order.

I am currently making Five GEN2Jag's and have an inventory of 1 GEN2Jag and 2 SNES2Jag remaining from the previous batch.

• 1 month later...

Reposted from a different topic.

So it seems that nearly everyone here on AtariAge that wanted a gen2Jag or snes2jag has gotten one, or in some cases more than one! It was always my intention to sell the devices to the Jaguar community first, directly and at a discount. Beleive it or not after spending the time and money to source the materials and parts to make each adapter, there really wasn't much profit in selling the devices at 25.00...But that's not the point. Jag fans get gouged on prices for games, controllers, and consoles, so I wanted to make sure not to gouge anyone. I hope you feel that 25.00 was a fair price.

With all that said, and considering no-one has ordered an adapter here on atariage in a few months, moving forward I will only be selling the "2Jag" adapters on Ebay. This allows me to reach more people and streamlines the entire shipping process for me while also allowing me to charge slightly more. Adapters are now 34.99 + 4.00 shipping (Domestic US only)

I hope everyone can understand this shift to eBay and the higher price, then again it seems that those who wanted an adapter got one already.

• Like 2

With all that said, and considering no-one has ordered an adapter here on atariage in a few months, moving forward I will only be selling the "2Jag" adapters on Ebay. This allows me to reach more people and streamlines the entire shipping process for me while also allowing me to charge slightly more. Adapters are now 34.99 + 4.00 shipping (Domestic US only)

Just don't forget to share a picture once you buy a Ferrari from those adapter sales :lol: !

This would have been a community service even at $50 a pop, given the volume.

Me, personally, I am very happy with this, as I could reuse the N64 cable with this adapter, and on my particular TV, the quality difference was indeed staggering. Which, for $25, is criminal not to do! Thanks again !

• Like 2

I received your adapter a while back, but I was too lazy to undo my Genesis, SMS, or Saturn cables in order to test it. Instead, my lazy ass waited until the cables were back in stock at HDRetrovision and ordered a new dedicated cable for my Jaguar. The good news is that it arrived today and I plan to get it all hooked up tonight. :grin:

I also ordered another cable with a PS1 adapter. Once these are hooked up, I will be using HDRetro cables for SNES, SMS, Genesis, Saturn, PS1 and Jaguar. I also ordered the RGB mod kit for my N64 and I'm considering doing the same with my NES. I'm getting close to having all of my consoles running component or better which is exciting.

Thanks again for making this.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Machine said:

I know for a fact the Snes version of this cable works with the Snes2Jag....I have not tested the Gen2Jag with the Genesis versionof the cable but it "Should" work. I've ordered the RAD2x snes and genesis devices and hopefully those will work with both the Gen2Jag and Snes2Jag.

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/RAD2X-HDMI-CABLES

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Judas-Prime said:

I know for a fact the Snes version of this cable works with the Snes2Jag....I have not tested the Gen2Jag with the Genesis versionof the cable but it "Should" work. I've ordered the RAD2x snes and genesis devices and hopefully those will work with both the Gen2Jag and Snes2Jag.

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/RAD2X-HDMI-CABLES

I apologize, but I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that you know for a fact that the SNES Pound HD cable works with the adapter, or that the RAD2x hdmi adapter works with the Jaguar adapter? 

On 11/23/2019 at 12:48 PM, RREDDWARFF said:

I apologize, but I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that you know for a fact that the SNES Pound HD cable works with the adapter, or that the RAD2x hdmi adapter works with the Jaguar adapter? 

I know for a fact that the Snes2Jag works with the Snes Pound cable...I have ordered the RAD2X devices and hopefully those will work with both the Gen2Jag and Snes2Jag also. I iwll let people know if the Rad2X devices with with my adapters after I test them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Judas-Prime said:

I know for a fact that the Snes2Jag works with the Snes Pound cable...

This is really great news. A very cost effective solution to hook up the Jaguar to a modern television.

I have one console hooked up to a crt in the bedroom,  but I'd like to hook a second system up in the living room as well. Perhaps there I can lure some friends into playing some multiplayer Jag games. I try not to lure my friends into my bedroom.

Awesome, thanks so much for clarifying. I'm definitely in the market to order a Snes2Jag now.

• 1 month later...

So after some tinkering I have my Jaguar using my Snes2jag with a Retro gaming Cables Snes Rad2x. Jaguar with 480p via HDMI!

You have to power the unit externally, and disable the internal power regulator in the Snes2Jag...but it works and looks pretty good! The image defaults to 16/9 but that can be fixed via tv or scaler settings. Im looking to add a switch to the Snes2Jag to allow the user to manualy disable the internal power regulator of the Snes2Jag so users can switch between HD Retrovision cables and the Rad2x.....Options are good.

Pics and Video Below....

ENpgYffVUAATxI1.jpg

ENpga5EVAAAhRoC.jpg

ENpgcTcU8AAkiV-.jpg

• Like 5

On 1/11/2020 at 5:44 PM, McCarseat said:

Nice! Any snes2jag converters coming up for sale in the future?

Yes! I am currently making 39 SNES2Jag adapters. Discovering the RAD2X works with my adapters has slowed progress as I want to implement a toggle switch to shut off the Internal Power regulator if choosing to use the RAD2X (needs external power for Jag use)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 5:49 PM, Judas-Prime said:

So after some tinkering I have my Jaguar using my Snes2jag with a Retro gaming Cables Snes Rad2x. Jaguar with 480p via HDMI!

You have to power the unit externally, and disable the internal power regulator in the Snes2Jag...but it works and looks pretty good! The image defaults to 16/9 but that can be fixed via tv or scaler settings. Im looking to add a switch to the Snes2Jag to allow the user to manualy disable the internal power regulator of the Snes2Jag so users can switch between HD Retrovision cables and the Rad2x.....Options are good.

Pics and Video Below....

ENpgYffVUAATxI1.jpg

ENpga5EVAAAhRoC.jpg

ENpgcTcU8AAkiV-.jpg

Hi, how's progress?  Just wondered if it's possible in any way for you to default your output to 4:3 aspect ratio instead of relying on the screen to be able to change it from 16:9 to 4:3. I'm fearing my NEC Multisync 1700NXP will not be able to do this.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:29 AM, GoldenGraham said:

Hi, how's progress?  Just wondered if it's possible in any way for you to default your output to 4:3 aspect ratio instead of relying on the screen to be able to change it from 16:9 to 4:3. I'm fearing my NEC Multisync 1700NXP will not be able to do this.

I don't do any additional signal processing. The "2jag" devices are simple passive devices. They just route the video and audio signals from the Jag to a more common AV output...in this instance the Snes Av out. You will have to manually set your monitor to 4:3 to avoid stretching whcn using the device with a Rad2x. There isn't anything I can do about it unfortunately.