IGNORED

SNES2JAG AV Converter Official Order List

Judas-Prime

Just to clarify for everyone...there is no list. Its first come first serve.

Im finishing this batch and will make an announcement here on Atariage and on my twitter account. I will schedule the eBay listing to go live at a pre-determined time to take place a few days after my initial announcement. This will give everyone time to plan for the listing to go live and will hopefully ensure that everyone who wants one, will be able to

1. Be aware that they are up for sale

2. Properly plan to purchase one when the listing goes live.

There will be 39 Snes2Jags and 1 Gen2Jag. Up for sale.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update because its late...I can't sleep and I'm annoyed.

Sorry in advance for the rant, but there are 2Jag conversations happening in other, unrelated threads and I figured I'd post something here to establish a baseline statement directly from me to clarify current status, my standard operating procedures and next steps.

"I was on a list"

No you weren't. There was never a list, I don't keep a list and I never have. There were never pre-orders. For a brief time I was making them to Order, but thats not a sustainable way for me to operate and I stoped. 

A History Lesson

The first batch of 20 2Jag adapters was first come first serve. I started making these roughly two years ago and I've been steadily supplying them as demand required and as my schedule permits. They are hand made items, not mass produced and making them takes a lot of my time, time i'd much rather spend with my family right now. I make VERY LITTLE profit after you take parts sourcing and purchasing and construction time into account. This is a hobby for me, not a job and I served the Jag community FIRST roughly two years ago when I brought this project directly to this Forum. I sold the first 50 2Jag devices at a LOSS because so many Jag fans get gouged for overpriced aftermarket items and I didn't want to be that kind of seller. After having served the dedicated Jag community to the point that my orders had stopped on the forums, I opened sales up to eBay due to the wider market and I started charging more to recoup a tiny bit of profit. Bottom line is I was doing this to bring something new to the community and because it was fun for me....lately it's not much fun anymore.

My Current Life

I am very, very lucky to still have a full time job, a job that I get to keep while working remote during a pandemic. My company is busier now than ever and my workload isn't getting smaller anytime soon.  2Jag adapters are NOT my priority right now. 

Bottom Line

• This batch of 2Jag devices will be done when they're done, on my timeline and when I'm happy with the product.
  • I'll sell them on eBay because that makes my life easier, which cost me in eBay fees, but its where I reach the widest audience.
  • I'll tell everyone WHEN the auction is going live well ahead of time. Put the date on your calendar. Set a reminder. Meet me halfway.
  • You will get an update HERE on my topic. Follow the topic, you'll get an email when its updated... all automated and everything.
  • I will also tell my followers on Twitter...because that's an audience that actively follows me. I've had more people reach out through Twitter for a 2Jag than this forum.
  • EVERYONE will have a FAIR chance to get an adapter. No Lists, no Pre-Order. First Come First Served..like it's always been.
  • After this run....I'm done.

If this sounds agro to anyone, I'm sorry, but like I said..... It's late, I can't sleep and I'm annoyed.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Judas-Prime said:

Sorry in advance for the rant, but there are 2Jag conversations happening in other, unrelated threads and I figured I'd post something here to establish a baseline statement directly from me to clarify current status, my standard operating procedures and next steps.

"I was on a list"

No you weren't. There was never a list, I don't keep a list and I never have. There were never pre-orders. For a brief time I was making them to Order, but thats not a sustainable way for me to operate and I stoped. 

A History Lesson

The first batch of 20 2Jag adapters was first come first serve. I started making these roughly two years ago and I've been steadily supplying them as demand required and as my schedule permits. They are hand made items, not mass produced and making them takes a lot of my time, time i'd much rather spend with my family right now. I make VERY LITTLE profit after you take parts sourcing and purchasing and construction time into account. This is a hobby for me, not a job and I served the Jag community FIRST roughly two years ago when I brought this project directly to this Forum. I sold the first 50 2Jag devices at a LOSS because so many Jag fans get gouged for overpriced aftermarket items and I didn't want to be that kind of seller. After having served the dedicated Jag community to the point that my orders had stopped on the forums, I opened sales up to eBay due to the wider market and I started charging more to recoup a tiny bit of profit. Bottom line is I was doing this to bring something new to the community and because it was fun for me....lately it's not much fun anymore.

My Current Life

I am very, very lucky to still have a full time job, a job that I get to keep while working remote during a pandemic. My company is busier now than ever and my workload isn't getting smaller anytime soon.  2Jag adapters are NOT my priority right now. 

Bottom Line

• This batch of 2Jag devices will be done when they're done, on my timeline and when I'm happy with the product.
  • I'll sell them on eBay because that makes my life easier, which cost me in eBay fees, but its where I reach the widest audience.
  • I'll tell everyone WHEN the auction is going live well ahead of time. Put the date on your calendar. Set a reminder. Meet me halfway.
  • You will get an update HERE on my topic. Follow the topic, you'll get an email when its updated... all automated and everything.
  • I will also tell my followers on Twitter...because that's an audience that actively follows me. I've had more people reach out through Twitter for a 2Jag than this forum.
  • EVERYONE will have a FAIR chance to get an adapter. No Lists, no Pre-Order. First Come First Served..like it's always been.

If this sounds agro to anyone, I'm sorry, but like I said..... It's late, I can't sleep and I'm annoyed.

I've seen a lot of these "I was on the list", or "I don't want to lose my place on the list" messages in different threads for different items throughout the forum.  It's strange, childish behavior IMO.  Something about the economies of perceived or actual scarcity drives people a little insane...

I have been looking for your Twitter account and haven't found it, though.  Can you provide that here or maybe add it to your profile details?

Edit: Never mind - just found it!  Somehow hadn't occurred to me to search for "SNES2JAG" before this... ?

Edited by jamm
  • Like 2

I never said I was on a list...only that it was my assumption that I was on a list of some type when I spoke with you eight months ago. I guess I was just used to these sorts of things being done that way....as it has been that was with these types of homemade items sold by individuals on AA since...well...as long as I can remember. So, I misunderstood your communication and I do apologize for that.

The downer is really the whole ebay thing. I purchase on ebay here and there, but I prefer buying outside of it if at all possible. And, it's better for the seller. Why absorb fees when you really do not have to? That very little profit made will be even further reduced with ebay's exorbitant fees. Trust me, I know all too well.....I shudder to think how much I have paid them in fees over the past 22 years. I do however see your point it reaching a broader audience and I guess the convenience factor of letting ebay do the selling for you is a plus. Personally I would rather not give them the funds and do the selling on my own, but I completely understand where this can be a chore if you have other life things that cause that to be a hindrance.

Aside all of that however, good luck with your sales and moreover with your work life. I understand fully where you are coming from as I am exactly in the same boat. I work remotely from home for a rather large organization and we are extremely busy. I have two kids at home and my wife had to leave her job due to fears of catching this thing as she has underlying health conditions. So, it's only me now. What was a tough life ordinarily has become 10X that since mid-March.

It's a stressful time for sure, but rest assured it will get better and you and I both will be able to actually get some sleep...someday soon ;)

Edited by eightbit

On 5/9/2020 at 9:29 AM, Judas-Prime said:

"I was on a list"

Also, as some people (myself included) typically read the start of the thread when items like this are announced and do not go through every page to see if something has changed... you may want to edit it. I now realize why I was under the assumption that there was a "list". Those were (are still currently) your posted terms in the main post of this thread:

"How can I order?

You can reserve an AV Converter by responding to this forum posting. Only by replying to this Posting will you be placed on “the list”. This will reserve your place “in line”. Then, starting at the top, I will then send a private reply to each person (until inventory is depleted) and we can arrange payment and shipping details. Once payment is received your order will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail."

With all due respect, those are your words, not mine. If there was never a list kept or things have changed this should be edited out. People may think otherwise and you really can't blame them. Modifying the original starting post with the current terms of sale would definitely help keep everyone who wants one of these things "in the know" ;)

Again, no hard feelings, but I feel like I (and maybe some others) were unfairly attacked in your last post.....when you are the person who mentioned this "list" before anyone else did. Even the title of this thread is the "SNES2JAG AV Converter Official Order List", so I am kind of confused as to why you would be agitated with anyone when they were under any assumption that they were on a list.

Edited by eightbit

I completely understand the aggravation.

Will you be limiting the purchase of one per ebay user? Last time I made some homemade Neo Geo controllers and got fed up with people fighting over the order on a forum i just said screw it and threw them all on ebay, only to have one guy try to buy 6 so he could resell them. I cancelled his purchase obviously. I'm just cringing at the thought of these converters ended up on here or another ebay listing for double the price.

Good luck, with the completion. I look forward to your other projects as well!

9 hours ago, eightbit said:

Also, as some people (myself included) typically read the start of the thread when items like this are announced and do not go through every page to see if something has changed... you may want to edit it. I now realize why I was under the assumption that there was a "list". Those were (are still currently) your posted terms in the main post of this thread:

"How can I order?

You can reserve an AV Converter by responding to this forum posting. Only by replying to this Posting will you be placed on “the list”. This will reserve your place “in line”. Then, starting at the top, I will then send a private reply to each person (until inventory is depleted) and we can arrange payment and shipping details. Once payment is received your order will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail."

With all due respect, those are your words, not mine. If there was never a list kept or things have changed this should be edited out. People may think otherwise and you really can't blame them. Modifying the original starting post with the current terms of sale would definitely help keep everyone who wants one of these things "in the know" ;)

Again, no hard feelings, but I feel like I (and maybe some others) were unfairly attacked in your last post.....when you are the person who mentioned this "list" before anyone else did. Even the title of this thread is the "SNES2JAG AV Converter Official Order List", so I am kind of confused as to why you would be agitated with anyone when they were under any assumption that they were on a list.

You missed the post where I changed how I took order. and the post where i stated making them to Order, and the post where i detailed that I was moving my operation to eBay, If you're going to be pedantic and quote my own words then be thorough or don't bother. 

I have no interest in replying to you point by point. You want to cherry pick my words to make your point... go ahead. This thread was made to CREATE the FIRST List. When this thread was made I was only intending to make ONE run of these adapters, not to let people just say "Put me on the list" forever and ever expecting that Im going to keep and manage a list of interested people or some for of pre-order list. I left this Thread active so people could find the adapter and express interest

I don't owe anyone anything.. I make a thing that some people want and find value in and I sell the thing to those people. How I choose to do that si my business, I can also choose who I sell to or not to sell them at all. 

This is my last word on the subject.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, McCarseat said:

I completely understand the aggravation.

Will you be limiting the purchase of one per ebay user? Last time I made some homemade Neo Geo controllers and got fed up with people fighting over the order on a forum i just said screw it and threw them all on ebay, only to have one guy try to buy 6 so he could resell them. I cancelled his purchase obviously. I'm just cringing at the thought of these converters ended up on here or another ebay listing for double the price.

Good luck, with the completion. I look forward to your other projects as well!

Yes...I will be enforcing a limit one per customer as a way to make sure everyone gets one. Thats how I have always done it. If demand wanes I might relax that rule but only after sales slow down to a point where it makes sense. I haven't seen anyone reselling the 2Jag units, but your concern is valid. Thankfully this item is fairly iunder the radar and most people still don't see a value in selling or reselling to the Jaguar community.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Judas-Prime said:

Yes...I will be enforcing a limit one per customer as a way to make sure everyone gets one. Thats how I have always done it. If demand wanes I might relax that rule but only after sales slow down to a point where it makes sense. I haven't seen anyone reselling the 2Jag units, but your concern is valid. Thankfully this item is fairly iunder the radar and most people still don't see a value in selling or reselling to the Jaguar community.

This is very cool to hear, thanks. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's amazing how many people don't know how to read. For those of you STILL piping up that you want one of these adapters, read this:

On 5/9/2020 at 6:29 AM, Judas-Prime said:

"I was on a list"

A History Lesson

My Current Life

Bottom Line

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's amazing how many people don't know how to read. For those of you STILL piping up that you want one of these adapters, read this:

What amazes me is the AtariAge girth of new members who ONLY post in threads like these to "be put on a list."  It's easily the most aggravating thing of all, since hardly any of them have any reverence for this forum community. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JagChris said:

Sauron poisoning the forums with his dripping toxicity. What a shock.

Oh yes, it's toxic calling out people who didn't read the thread, especially a longtime member who really should've known better. Not that anyone should expect any better from you, I suppose.

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Oh yes, it's toxic calling out people who didn't read the thread, especially a longtime member who really should've known better. Not that anyone should expect any better from you, I suppose.

I have no problem my stumbles being pointed out. But your poison is in how you do it. 

Look at you. Lighten up.

• Haha 1

Well done to JudasPrime for finally completing this latest batch of SNES2JAG adapters, it really seems like an exciting project for those looking for hdmi output from their Jag.  However, after 5 months of waiting for this latest batch of SNES2JAG adapters to become available... I finally gave up waiting last weekend and bought myself a 'RetroTINK 2x SCART' adapter from VideoGamePerfection.com.  As far as I can tell, the 'RetroTINK 2x SCART'... provides the same HDMI output (powered by the same RetroTINK technology) without the need for an additional SNES2JAG adapter, unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

Anyway, as a result of switching from the Rad2x to the 'RetroTINK 2x SCART' I'm now selling (on eBay) the Rad2x adapter (for SNES, N64 and GameCube) that I bought from retrogamingcables.co.uk 5 months ago.

These Rad2x adapters are not currently available from retailer retrogamingcables and there's currently no indication as to when they'll be available again.  I figured that you guys who are still interested in the 'Rad2X + SNES2JAG' solution would be interested in this Rad2x auction as they are currently so hard to come by...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274401167003

Thank you.

1 hour ago, GoldenGraham said:

Well done to JudasPrime for finally completing this latest batch of SNES2JAG adapters, it really seems like an exciting project for those looking for hdmi output from their Jag.  However, after 5 months of waiting for this latest batch of SNES2JAG adapters to become available... I finally gave up waiting last weekend and bought myself a 'RetroTINK 2x SCART' adapter from VideoGamePerfection.com.  As far as I can tell, the 'RetroTINK 2x SCART'... provides the same HDMI output (powered by the same RetroTINK technology) without the need for an additional SNES2JAG adapter, unless anyone can tell me otherwise?

Anyway, as a result of switching from the Rad2x to the 'RetroTINK 2x SCART' I'm now selling (on eBay) the Rad2x adapter (for SNES, N64 and GameCube) that I bought from retrogamingcables.co.uk 5 months ago.

These Rad2x adapters are not currently available from retailer retrogamingcables and there's currently no indication as to when they'll be available again.  I figured that you guys who are still interested in the 'Rad2X + SNES2JAG' solution would be interested in this Rad2x auction as they are currently so hard to come by...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274401167003

Thank you.

Yes. if you use a Retrotink 2X SCART along with a standard Jaguar RGB SCART cable you achieve the same result. What the 2JAG adapter is doing is simply taking the RGB connection from the Jaguar and converting it's connection to a SNES or Genesis style connection...depending on the adapter you have. From there you would have to use one of the respective HDRetrovision RGB to Composite cables, which would then only output the stock 240P...which you could use with an older CRT with component that supports 240P or a newer TV that supports 240P. But, in order to display it on a TV that does not support 240P (many new flat screens do not support that) you would need a RetroTink 2X or an OSSC to upscale to 480P or better.

The RetroTink 2X SCART is at its heart a RetroTink 2X, but with a SCART connection.

So, either:

2Jag -> HDRetroVision Cable -> Retrotink -> modern display

or

2Jag -> RAD2X -> modern display

or

Jag SCART cable -> RetroTink 2X SCART -> modern display

All achieve the same result. I use the 2X SCART with a stock Jag SCART cable myself...which displays perfectly on my modern 1080P display.

Edited by eightbit