IGNORED

SNES2JAG AV Converter Official Order List

Judas-Prime

1 hour ago, Greg2600 said:

The shells are OEM Nintendo64 RF adapters.

Yep... I up-cycle the RF adaptors as most of them are just going to go into the trash. Once i landed on the process I chose an existing object, N64 Rf adapters, for my project to fit inside of. Basically I make my wiring fit in an existing case... cheaper than 3d printing or injection molding and still game related. Plus It seems fitting that Im using a nintendo part for an atart system, considering Atari rejected North American distributions rights for the Nintendo Entertainment System back in the 80's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep... I up-cycle the RF adaptors as most of them are just going to go into the trash.

While I agree it's a great solution, I was initially bummed that this didn't help my own search, since trashing some Nintendo RF adapters to make a VGA cable seems wasteful and expensive, but after thinking about it, just seeing the picture of the assembly is helpful.  I was focused on figuring out a way to secure the edge connector inside some sort of case to manage cable stress and provide something you can grab on to when inserting/removing it, but I suppose if I'm going to use a little PCB anyway for the VSync recovery circuit, I might as well find a right-angle-mount edge connector, solder it to the PCB, use some kind of regular edge connector stress relief stuff to make that joint strong, and then also leverage the PCB to provide clearance from the Jag shell so I can use something a little bulkier (as you have) than a simple dsub-style enclosure, where the stress is handled in part by getting part of the case in front of the connector surface.  Something to think about at least.

Or I can try to talk myself into the idea that building a handful off VGA cables is a great opportunity to learn about 3D printing.  I'm always looking for an excuse to check that stuff out anyway... And this is why I never get any of my hobby projects done. ? 

Since my Snes2Jag listing is going live this Friday at 1:00PST. I decided to make something for myself. I actually don't even have a Snes2Jag of my own. I usually sell them all to others.

This is just a Snes2Jag Double Wide that uses the 5volt vcc from the DSP card edge connector which eliminates the need for a voltage regulator.Other than that its pretty much identical to the standard Snes2Jag.

IMG_8248.JPG

IMG_8249.JPG

IMG_8251.JPG

IMG_8241.JPG

IMG_8243.JPG

IMG_8244.JPG

• Like 1

One update to this batch of Snes2Jag's is the addition of a power switch. Flipping the switch with deactivate the power from the Jaguar that is used to power the HD Retrovision cable. Why you ask? well, I wanted to offer support for RAD2X Snes HDMI devices and the Jag would not power the device itself. BUT you can modify the SNES RAD2X to accept external power by snipping off a little piece of plastic allowing you to use a micro USB cable to power the RAD2X with an external source. The switch ensures that you are not feeding power to the RAD2X from two different sources which caused noticable interference with teh video signal, and im sure it wasnt good for the RAD2X either. Better safe than sorry.

Its not necessary and may not be something the vast majority of users will use, but I wanted to offer the option with no markup to the price. The switch will come set to the "front" or "ON" position to provide power to HD Retrovision cables. I just wanted to provide this bit of info ahead of the Listing going live.

IMG_8281.JPG

IMG_8282.JPG

IMG_8283.JPG

• Like 1

Also Completely unrelated.... but this spray paint is an incredibly close match to the Jag grey plastic coloring. If you ever need to color match the Jag...for what ever reasons.... this is the stuff i would recommend.... I used it on my Snes2Jag Double Wide and its a damn near perfect match.

Vallejo Hobby Paint

Panzer Grey

.IMG_8289.thumb.JPG.512ffbda522d087124316b6f24d3ff05.JPG 

IMG_8288.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Your New Snes2Jag features a Power Switch

SfL5uxaVJsIkM7OmnDRrsdgVwXktF50QsURC7dfrq7QNtJiLVfbffVMjJ7PFkQ2yEUQ8AG_I8uqXO8jpvNKnlQirEEOt5PYOA_zasgvlUTK1Gj67Y7UhxhJMDL6M1_xNZfNa5DDX

The On Position is when the Switch is moved to the “Right”

The OFF position is when the switch is moved to the “Left”

Use Cases

If using a Snes HDMI Solution (Pound, RAD2X) that requires external power, then turn the SNES2JAG power switch to OFF.

This Switch should be in the ON position for using all other cables including HD Retrovision cables.

17 hours ago, Judas-Prime said:

Seu novo Snes2Jag possui um interruptor de alimentação

SfL5uxaVJsIkM7OmnDRrsdgVwXktF50QsURC7dfrq7QNtJiLVfbffVMjJ7PFkQ2yEUQ8AG_I8uqXO8jpvNKnlQirEEOt5PYOA_zasgfxLDM

A posição On é quando o interruptor é movido para a posição “Right”.

A posição OFF é quando o interruptor é movido para a posição "Esquerda".

Casos de Uso

Se estiver usando uma solução HDMI Snes (Pound, RAD2X) que requer energia externa, desligue o interruptor SNES2JAG.

Este interruptor deve estar na posição LIGADO para usar todos os outros cabos, incluindo os cabos HD Retrovision.

Hi good afternoon.  SNES2JAG did not appear on Ebay for sale.

20 horas atrás, Judas-Prime disse:

Seu novo Snes2Jag possui um interruptor de alimentação

SfL5uxaVJsIkM7OmnDRrsdgVwXktF50QsURC7dfrq7QNtJiLVfbffVMjJ7PFkQ2yEUQ8AG_I8uqXO8jpvNKnlQirEEOt5PYOA_zasgfxLDM

A posição On é quando o interruptor é movido para a posição "Right".

A posição OFF é quando o interruptor é movido para a posição "Esquerda".

Casos de Uso

Se estiver usando uma solução HDMI Snes (Pound, RAD2X), que requer energia externa, desligue o interruptor SNES2JAG.

Este interruptor deve estar na posição LIGADO para usar todos os outros cabos, incluindo os cabos Retrovisão HD.

I tried 13:00 pdt ... but I couldn't buy