IGNORED

SEASON 7 ~ NEW HSC ~ Requests/Start Date

Vocelli

Here's my requests for games that I don't think have been played for at least 3 seasons, though I might miss one or two here and there:

Sentinel (Light gun game)

Unless there's a way to emulate the light gun in Stella (or some other Atari 2600 emulator,) I don't think it would be fair to choose Sentinel because not many people own the XE Light Gun, and I've heard it's pretty hard to find. Not to mention Sentinel isn't exactly very common either.

• Like 2

Unless there's a way to emulate the light gun in Stella (or some other Atari 2600 emulator,) I don't think it would be fair to choose Sentinel because not many people own the XE Light Gun, and I've heard it's pretty hard to find. Not to mention Sentinel isn't exactly very common either.

Yeah, I know. I never expected it to get picked, I'm just always looking for reason to break out my light gun. :lol: The same goes for trackball hacked games (Millipede TB, Centipede TB, Missile Command TB, etc). I'd love to play them in the HSC but I don't think enough people own CX-22 or CX-80 trackballs to make them viable game options.

Alright, now that I've got a Harmony cart again and tried out a new game hack I've got just one more game to add to my requests list and this one is definitely my #1 pick for the season: River Raid 3 Game 16. This just surpassed Lead as my all time favorite shoot 'em up on the Atari 2600 and I'd love to try playing it in the High Score Club. :)

Most of the rarity 10 games (according to the AA database) aren't unique games. A good chunk of them are re-releases of easier to find games, hardware like the Copy Cart or ECPC cartridge, not really games like MagicCard or Video Life or hacks of other games like Asterix.

That leaves you with:

Air Raid - Played in HSC

Atlantis II - Technically a hack, but a difficulty hack so I kept it in. Played in HSC.

Birthday Mania - Only one copy known to exist. No ROM available.

Eli's Ladder - Educational game

Gamma Attack - Never played in HSC

Gauntlet - Never played in HSC

Mangia - Played in HSC

The Music Machine - Never played in HSC

There are some more recent discoveries that should be 10's but aren't in the AA database, like The Extraterrestrials (2 player only) and Red Sea Crossing.

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 2

I think I'm going to try and do this might make me play more/discover more games.

I found some good games I would have never tried if not for the HSC.

My favorite finds are Hunchy 2, Lead, Gorf, Lady Bug, and some more I don't remember off the top of my head.

Edited by Atarian7
  • Like 2

I'm ashamed to list all the games I didn't know before joining HSC.

But Tunnel Runner was the best least known game for me.

I didn't know pressure cooker, a great game, but I must be in the minority regarding this Activision game.

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision
  • Like 4

I'm ashamed to list all the games I didn't know before joining HSC.

But Tunnel Runner was the best least known game for me.

I didn't know pressure cooker, a great game, but I must be in the minority regarding this Activision game.

You're not alone on that last one, I love Pressure Cooker! Admittedly I'm kinda terrible at it, but I still think it's tons of fun to play and it has some pretty impressive graphics as far as 2600 games go. :)

• Like 1

You're not alone on that last one, I love Pressure Cooker! Admittedly I'm kinda terrible at it, but I still think it's tons of fun to play and it has some pretty impressive graphics as far as 2600 games go. :)

I meant the minority of Atari players who didn't know Pressure Cooker. Since it's an Activision game I suppose it was very known.

Space Cavern

Demon Attack

Reactor

Crypts of Chaos

Yars Revenge

Carnival

Battlezone

Spider Fighter

Spacemaster X-7

Lost Luggage

Mrs Pac Man

Joust

-

Night Driver

Astroblast

Solar Storm

I haven't played since..., I remember ...Dodge em and Bermuda Triangle.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 3

Space Cavern

Demon Attack

Reactor

Crypts of Chaos

Yars Revenge

Carnival

Battlezone

Spider Fighter

Spacemaster X-7

Lost Luggage

Mrs Pac Man

Joust

-

Night Driver

Astroblast

Solar Storm

I haven't played since..., I remember ...Dodge em and Bermuda Triangle.

Great to see ya back, Jake ;-) :thumbsup:

• Like 2