Spacemaster X-7

Lost Luggage

Mrs Pac Man

Joust

-

Night Driver

Astroblast

Solar Storm

I haven't played since..., I remember ...Dodge em and Bermuda Triangle.

Good to see you Jacob!

• Like 2

Activision games: Kabobber, Laser Blast (Game 4), Ice Hockey and River Raid II

Arcade: Kangaroo, Battlezone, Blueprint, Buck Rogers Planet of Zoom, Burgertime, Commando, Mouse Trap (difficulty A), Roc ‘n Rope, Up ‘N Down and Xenophobe

Homebrews: Solar Plexus, Conquest of Mars, Edtris 2600, Go Fish, Rainbow Invaders, Space Treat Deluxe and This Planet Sucks

Paddle Games: Fireball, Guardian, The Music Machine, Night Driver and Tac-Scan

Never played: Tax Avoiders, Assault, Great Escape, Z-Tack / Base Attack, Mines of Minos, Marine Wars, Cakewalk and Ghost Manor

Other suggestions: Air Raid (Men-A-Vision), Amidar, Bank Heist, Beany Bopper, Bermuda Triangle, Boxing, Death Trap, Dodge ‘Em, Fatal Run, Gangster Alley (Difficulty A), Gopher, Ixion, Infiltrate, Krull, Journey Escape, Lost Luggage, Malagai, Mr. Postman, Off The Wall, Othello, Pharaoh’s Curse, Pigs in Space (Difficulty A), Polaris, Rescue Terra I, Robin Hood, Save Mary, Sir Lancelot, Spy Hunter, Star Trek, Star Wars The Arcade Game, Threshold (Game 2) and Worm War I (Difficulty A/A)

Special Game for 2018 World Cup: Real Sports Soccer and other related games

I am not sure about Mousetrap, is way too easy to achieve 9999 points

Someone suggested Adventure. I've always wondered what kind of metric you would use for competition in Adventure. After all, you either win the game or you don't.

I can't think how adventure could be played as the main game in any week.

But it can be used as bonus points for finishing the game, so you have your score for the main game and adventure (and similar games) as bonus.

If I remember right, we once had to kill all dragons in the same screen to get some points in a past HSC week.

• Like 1

I've been active on AA since the start of the 7800 HSC's latest season and looking forward to participating in the 2600, as well! :D

Stella has been successfully installed/configured for the occasions where I don't own the cartridge (except for a paddle controller... not sure what to do there yet, if/when it comes up).

No specific requests from me, I'm just happy to participate! :)

I've been active on AA since the start of the 7800 HSC's latest season and looking forward to participating in the 2600, as well! :D

Stella has been successfully installed/configured for the occasions where I don't own the cartridge (except for a paddle controller... not sure what to do there yet, if/when it comes up).

No specific requests from me, I'm just happy to participate! :)

For paddle games like The Music Machine, Kaboom and Astroblast, I use MOUSE on my Stella Emulator.

• Like 1

5 more days, I am eager to compare my scores with others; I remember when I was a little kid and just to beat everyone else in my hometown. Years later I saw an advertiser in a game pro magazine, it was about the xband to connect you supernintendo and genesis to play over the net, I was something like; your defeat your brother, your cousin, that guy named Brad from across the street, now is your chance to defeat the world

5 more days, I am eager to compare my scores with others; I remember when I was a little kid and just to beat everyone else in my hometown. Years later I saw an advertiser in a game pro magazine, it was about the xband to connect you supernintendo and genesis to play over the net, I was something like; your defeat your brother, your cousin, that guy named Brad from across the street, now is your chance to defeat the world

Those were awesome! I also remember getting the "Sega Channel." Many games I couldn't find elsewhere (like Master of Monsters). It was a great value instead of renting games. The only drawback is you had to wait til the end of the month for the games to change and sometimes the selection available for the month wasn't too great.

• Like 1

We have relied on the honor system before.However Im the last one to promote it, as I was involved in a scandal last season, by posting a score I had used 3 years prior.

I admitted my wrongdoing & now provide pics with my scores.

• Like 1

Is this the topic where the high scores are going to be posted? or is going to be a new one? sorry about the questions but I am new to Atari age and the high score club

Newcomers welcomed & encouraged! We can use some new blood in here.

• Like 1

I use a heavy sixer with the actual cartridge most of the time. I did just buy a Harmony Encore so I can play the occasional game I don't have. (Plus play some games not available on

cartridge like VCS Donkey Kong.) I was only missing a few last season though.

Edited by Atarian7

I use my 7800 or Colecovision with Atari adapter with real carts if I have that game; if not, I have the PS2 Atari & Activision Anthologies. Also have both Nintendo DS Atari collections.

For last season's Oystron I used the GBA Activision Anthology. If I don't have the game onhand, I dont play that week.

Edited by RJ

I'm curious as to who's using what hardware, & if game systems' Atari discs (PS2, XBOX, etc) are ok?

BeR00Uk.jpg

For my setup I'm using a Light Sixer model Atari 2600 that's bone stock aside from an RCA to coaxial adapter for video output and a ferrite bead on the RCA cable to keep the picture clean and interference free on my 20" Sony KV-20FS120 WEGA Trinitron CRT TV. To make sure I can actually play every game this season I've got a Harmony Encore cartridge with a 2GB SD card loaded up with all the Atari 2600 games I like, plus plenty of space to add more in case I don't have some of the games that show up this season on there yet.

My preferred controller that I'll be using most of the time this season is a slightly modified Atari CX-78 joypad, but I also have an original CX-40 joystick that's been upgraded with Best Electronics' gold PCB, higher tension button spring, and silicone joystick boot to use for maze games like Ms. Pac-Man and such. Lastly, I've got a set of paddle controllers upgraded with Best Electronics' S5 Super Pots for paddle game rounds. I think that about covers it! :)

• Like 6