IGNORED

wanted: European CIB Mattel games with slots in back

Steve Jones

Like it says, I'm thinking of starting to collect the European versions of the Mattel games that have the slots in the back of the box for different language manuals,

for now I'm not picky about what language the manuals are, do any of you have a bunch in decent condition you want to sell or trade?

I'd prefer to get a lot at once rather than paying shipping from Europe on individual games.

Some of you guys must have extras of these?

Mike, Simone, Pascal, Mauro, I'm looking at you ...

Thanks in advance.

I dig in my lair when I go home (soon? soon? who knows).

The number should be 39 (all network minus Shark Shark and Vectron). Though I don't know whether Word Fun with slots exists. If it doesn't, all the remaining 38 titles have the International box with slots on the back for the manual and inside for the overlays.

I have surely some extra, but the condition range is extreme.

I'll check with another guy around here (guess who) if we can collect a big lot with our extra in good condition and ship it to you.

Went through my collection tonight, then doublechecked down the INTV Funhouse rabbit hole,

I consider it pretty reliable although I found a few variations I have that are not on there, e.g. Red Space Battle with no mention of keyboard etc,

also there are 4 or 5 games they don't list the european boxes but a quick scan of eBay shows them all, e.g. sharp shot, reversi, auto racing and a couple of others.

So I'm wondering did all European Sports Network releases have the League logos (i.e. NFL, NHL, NBA etc) removed?

I have a few like this but also several US releases with the logos removed.

Or are there any European releases that still have the logos?

Edited by Steve Jones

The number should be 39 (all network minus Shark Shark and Vectron). Though I don't know whether Word Fun with slots exists. If it doesn't, all the remaining 38 titles have the International box with slots on the back for the manual and inside for the overlays.

a sloty Word Fun...

But it didn't had german instructions. Was marketed for english learners.

post-30718-0-18237700-1511946032_thumb.jpg

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 2

So I'm wondering did all European Sports Network releases have the League logos (i.e. NFL, NHL, NBA etc) removed?

I have a few like this but also several US releases with the logos removed.

Or are there any European releases that still have the logos?

Bowling has it's logo. From all others it's removed.

Football was sold in Germany in the US box.

In the strategy network Chess has kept it's logo (including the instructions.

Checkers has it's logo too, but I think there is no league behind it.

post-30718-0-88498300-1511947670_thumb.jpg

post-30718-0-60657100-1511947683_thumb.jpg

Like it says, I'm thinking of starting to collect the European versions of the Mattel games that have the slots in the back of the box for different language manuals,

for now I'm not picky about what language the manuals are, do any of you have a bunch in decent condition you want to sell or trade?

I'd prefer to get a lot at once rather than paying shipping from Europe on individual games.

Some of you guys must have extras of these?

Mike, Simone, Pascal, Mauro, I'm looking at you ...

Thanks in advance.

I have these Europeans with instructions in Italian, new, if you want me to send you the photos.

Tron deadly disc,Tron maze a Tron, Space hawk,Star Strike,Backgammon,Uscf Chess,Horse racing,Royal dealer,Las vegas Roulette,Armor Battle,Soccer, Math Fun, Tennis,basketball

post-35882-0-39519700-1511985342_thumb.jpgpost-35882-0-75753300-1511985313_thumb.jpg

All sealed and in Plastic Box Protectors.

I guess I sold some at PRGE.

I have about 6 or 7 Digiplay too that I want to clear.

Variants are something I don't have room for.

• Like 1

Hi for the european market i found manual in Italian, French, UK English, German, Spanish, Swedish and dutch if i remember correctly... actually i've my collection in some box, but i've some copies tomarrow i go in garage to check what i've ... i've some loose instruction if you are interested

bye

alberto

We really should put together definitive lists for all the European language manuals. Ive been chatting with Mike and Simone about the German and Italian lists. I know Steve has a bunch of these on his website already but it would be helpful for the truly crazy amongst us to have specific lists. :)

If there's one thing I have learned in this hobby, there is no such thing as a definitive list.

Just when you think you have one, some new variation pops up.

But maybe try for an "almost definitive, for now..." list.

Haha! Agreed! Almost definitive, for now sounds just about right.