IGNORED

SillyPack 2k12 / 2k13 / 2k14 update released

JAC!

Hi,

in preparation of the forthcoming Silly Venture 2017 I have reworked the loader and menu system of the previous SillyPack demo compilations.
Now they work with the fast loader of SIO2SD (press OPTION+START) and are even more fun on the real hardware.

SillyPack 2k12

00060943.jpg

SillyPack 2k13

00062798.jpg

SillyPack 2k14

00071387.jpg

• Like 19

Wow, nice job!

Had a couple of problems on the 2012 disk (haven't tried the others yet).

Pikus graphic from Rocky gives 170 error. The file just needs to be renamed with XEX extension (has EXE on the disk).

The other problem was some music files will not load after another one has been loaded before it. I experienced this with several different files; It will attempt to load the file and then just dump back out before it plays anything. I can give you specific examples if you need.

Wow, nice job!

Pikus graphic from Rocky gives 170 error. The file just needs to be renamed with XEX extension (has EXE on the disk).

Thanks for noticing this name change. I put them all into the SD card for the Sdrive2 by alsp. Swapping ATR's very efficient with this SIO device.

Edited by rdea6

Wow, nice job!

Had a couple of problems on the 2012 disk (haven't tried the others yet).

The other problem was some music files will not load after another one has been loaded before it. I experienced this with several different files; It will attempt to load the file and then just dump back out before it plays anything. I can give you specific examples if you need.

The 2012 originally has EXE - thought I had found 'em all. Will fix that.

If you can reproduce the issue with the music please send a PM with the details. Tigerduck has seen it, was clould not repreduce it.

Well, if you want one / need one is your own decision. Silly Venture is a big Atari party in Poland with demo, intro, music, gfx and wild competitions. At every compo they have various demos (XEX), intros (XEX), musics (not always XEX), gfx (not always XEX), games (XEX), wild (rarely XEX) stuff and you can download the stuff afterwards with dozens of files and/or several ATR images (or one big ATR image without any loader).

The SillyPack comes as one big ATR image that contains all these files together with a menu and loader. Some of these (or all?) SillyPacks do also contain a pre-configured A8 emulator, the first thing I always delete (since I already have some configured A8 emulators on my PC). If you are interested in the Silly Venture programs and do not want to download all single files, but just one big package then the SillyPack might be interesting for you, otherwise maybe not... your decision.

Well, if you want one / need one is your own decision. Silly Venture is a big Atari party in Poland with demo, intro, music, gfx and wild competitions. At every compo they have various demos (XEX), intros (XEX), musics (not always XEX), gfx (not always XEX), games (XEX), wild (rarely XEX) stuff and you can download the stuff afterwards with dozens of files and/or several ATR images (or one big ATR image without any loader).

The SillyPack comes as one big ATR image that contains all these files together with a menu and loader. Some of these (or all?) SillyPacks do also contain a pre-configured A8 emulator, the first thing I always delete (since I already have some configured A8 emulators on my PC). If you are interested in the Silly Venture programs and do not want to download all single files, but just one big package then the SillyPack might be interesting for you, otherwise maybe not... your decision.

Okay. Thanks. I have to look into if the ABBUC competiions have one of these.

Fix for the filename in 2k12 has been uploaded. Sound replay issue is under investigation. Works here on my real HW, so it's probably due on some certain configuration (like extended RAM, ...).

• 2 weeks later...

The 2012 originally has EXE - thought I had found 'em all. Will fix that.

If you can reproduce the issue with the music please send a PM with the details. Tigerduck has seen it, was clould not repreduce it.

Fix for the XEX in the 2012 version is uploaded. As for the music issue, I still cannot reproduce it so far, but will keep on trying.