IGNORED

CC-40 ROM Thread

acadiel

I'm guessing that must be an in house mod. My RS232 is dated 1982. What's the date on your label?

Mine has no identifying information on the bottom. Just a red dot.

It would be something if that chip was actually a 4K version of the same TMS7000 series that was used in the TI-74. The CC-40 used the 2K on board ROM version, and the TI-74 used the 4K on board ROM version.

Kind of like the C64 using a 6502 in it's disk drive... or the prototype Hexbus DSDD controller using a TMS9995...

• Like 1

Right now, it's roll your own, but I'm sure some like Greg will step up and build some soon!

However, I do have a spare from my prototype building if you want it. PM me. I need to add up what it cost me to build.

I can build multicarts if people are interested I'll figure out a price..

Greg

• Like 1

I can build multicarts if people are interested I'll figure out a price..

Greg

I'm interested as well. While I have all of the original carts (except for the E/A module - is that one included?), this would simplify things quite a bit and reduce wear and tear on the cart port.

• Like 1

I'll have three of the multi-cart ROM carts and three of the RAM carts this weekend that I don't need as well. (Don't mean to to preempt you, Greg). Just want materials back out of them, so let me do a quick add of what I spent on them. I was just going to keep one ROM cart and one RAM cart for my use.

Two are the V1 versions, and two are the second versions. No operational difference between them.

Edit: This is pretty much my cost. Rounded up to the next $5, plus $5 for labor, plus s/h. The piano switches were ordered today, but I still have to order a couple of 512K RAM chips. Otherwise, I'll assemble what I have save the RAM and piano switches. Should be ready as soon as those parts come in.

3 ROM carts to speak for

3 RAM carts to speak for

Of course, since Paypal's gonna take their cut with this, I ask that you pay the fee (or pay $0.30 + 2.9% more to cover it).

Please Reply back if you want to speak for one of the above carts. S/H should be around $5 (I like keeping things in $5 increments, makes it easier for me.)

RAM Board (14 pieces):
have Qty 1 - PC Boards: $3/ea - Retro Innovations
buy  Qty 1 - 512K RAM Chips: $5.04/ea + $2/ea/sh - Mouser 913-AS6C4008-55PCN
have Qty 1 - 32 pin machine DIP socket - $2/ea - own
buy  Qty 1 - 4 position piano DIP Switches: $1.28/ea - eBay
have Qty 1 - 2-Pin header: $0.05/ea - own
have Qty 2 - 1N914 diode - $0.16/ea x 2 + s/h - Mouser 78-1N914
have Qty 1 - Capacitor (0.1uf ceramic) $0.10/ea - own
have Qty 4 - Resistors (10K) $0.10/ea x 4 - own
have Qty 1 - Resitor (3.3K) $0.10/ea - own
have Qty 1 - Resistor (6.8K) $0.10/ea - own
Around $15 + $5 labor = $20 + s/h 

ROM Board (10 pieces):
have Qty 1 - 39SF040 512K Flash Chips: $1.90/ea + .50/ea/sh - Mouser SST39SF040-70-4C-PHE
have Qty 1 - Capacitor (0.1 uf ceramic) $0.10/ea - own
have Qty 4 - Resistors (10K) $0.10/ea - own
have Qty 1 - Resistor (3.3K) $0.10/ea - own
Around $10 + $5 labor = $15 + s/h

• Like 3

I'll have three of the multi-cart ROM carts and three of the RAM carts this weekend that I don't need as well. (Don't mean to to preempt you, Greg). Just want materials back out of them, so let me do a quick add of what I spent on them. I was just going to keep one ROM cart and one RAM cart for my use.

Two are the V1 versions, and two are the second versions. No operational difference between them.

Nod go for it Jon no issues

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Edit: This is pretty much my cost. Rounded up to the next $5, plus $5 for labor, plus s/h. The piano switches were ordered today, but I still have to order a couple of 512K RAM chips. Otherwise, I'll assemble what I have save the RAM and piano switches. Should be ready as soon as those parts come in.

3 ROM carts to speak for

3 RAM carts to speak for

Of course, since Paypal's gonna take their cut with this, I ask that you pay the fee (or pay $0.30 + 2.9% more to cover it).

Please Reply back if you want to speak for one of the above carts. S/H should be around $5 (I like keeping things in $5 increments, makes it easier for me.)

RAM Board (14 pieces):

ROM Board (10 pieces):
have Qty 1 - 39SF040 512K Flash Chips: $1.90/ea + .50/ea/sh - Mouser SST39SF040-70-4C-PHE

Count me in for one of each 2nd version. :)

3 ROM carts to speak for

3 RAM carts to speak for

RAM Board (14 pieces):

ROM Board (10 pieces):

I pm’ed you about 1 of each of your carts.

Hi,

I don´t know what´s up here at the moment, but I am interested too :grin:

Got my CC-40 just some month ago, and my completely big hoarded pile exactly consists of: 1 x CC-40 :thumbsup:

So I am in if there will be something in future, or for hangovers.

But please know that I am not a poweruser, just a plain beginner, so I don´t need any flux capacitators at the moment ;)

(But almost sure that there will be an urgent need for that later) :)

thanks

xXx

• Like 1

da3e4b48c78f3c44a9fa64f56efa8a49.jpg

Well, looks like we are going to have another 32K cartridge here soon to dump.

Who was fighting with Ksarul in the last minute for this one?

Edit: printer plotter went for $90. Wonder how many people know about the broken gears, the hard to get pens, and having to rebuild the battery pack that’s probably leaking inside?

Edit 2: Dang, some of you must have really wanted this stuff. Lol.

66d51ba5ed7632c254cc016c1344fdce.jpg

7e034e87a2c4e525b5ecd6bf8292a5aa.jpg

• Like 1

Actually, the price on the RS232 wasn't that bad. As I recall it took me years to be able to buy mine as they were not something you found everyday like the Games I cart. The little modem was way more easy to come by and all most people were interested in in the 80's along with the Memo processor. Not surprised about the EA cart.

Have them mostly assembled. Waiting on the piano switches and the RAM.

67b0ad21dc3878707efa32c20a3db61d.jpg

Green ones by the one with the battery backed up chip are my pair.

Also, the green/blue break out ones were soldered, too. They are $10/ea, and I have four. The green ones don’t have the two PORT banking lines, and the two blue ones do. Easy enough to solder a wire if you want to jump those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Unless I miss my guess, the person that pulled the last minute pair of bids was Mr Fleeman. . .in any event, even if it isn't him, that bidder has built up a very nice collection of hard to find and rare TI items over the last three years or so. Sometimes he wins, sometimes I do, but that's the way bidding goes--the one who wants it more bids more and wins. I'm perfectly OK with that. I just wish he was more active in the community, as some of the items he now has aren't otherwise available for research or comparison purposes.

Now I'll have to dig out my PDS Sports module and get it and the drill module read out to add to the multicart.

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 4

Have them mostly assembled. Waiting on the piano switches and the RAM.

67b0ad21dc3878707efa32c20a3db61d.jpg

Green ones by the one with the battery backed up chip are my pair.

Also, the green/blue break out ones were soldered, too. They are $10/ea, and I have four. The green ones don’t have the two PORT banking lines, and the two blue ones do. Easy enough to solder a wire if you want to jump those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Dallas chip here ready to pop in one of those 2nd version boards. ;)