IGNORED

CC-40 ROM Thread

acadiel

Unless I miss my guess, the person that pulled the last minute pair of bids was Mr Fleeman. . .in any event, even if it isn't him, that bidder has built up a very nice collection of hard to find and rare TI items over the last three years or so. Sometimes he wins, sometimes I do, but that's the way bidding goes--the one who wants it more bids more and wins. I'm perfectly OK with that. I just wish he was more active in the community, as some of the items he now has aren't otherwise available for research or comparison purposes.

Now I'll have to dig out my PDS Sports module and get it and the drill module read out to add to the multicart.

Let me know if you want me to do those...

IMHO, I wish we could get this guy involved more. Someone has to know him and can engage him!

• Like 1

I have a Dallas chip here ready to pop in one of those 2nd version boards. ;)

Have to be careful. I bought two on eBay. One works great. The other locked up the CC-40. Returned it, got a new one. Still locks up the CC-40. So far, I am one for three. I'm purchasing it from Mouser next time. Thought I was safe because it was a US eBay seller, too.

• Like 1

I have backed off from any CC-40 purchases until the dust settles with all the recent development to avoid fighting with fellow 99ers and paying ridiculous amounts for stuff. :)

I myself have the bare minimum of stuff I need to work on stuff (a CC-40, multi cart, RAM cart, and RS232). With the 74, I have a cassette cable and printer. Printer works fine on the 40 too with my adapter.

• Like 1

Having never owned one of these little gadgets, I have a couple of questions.

1) Apparently it's expandable to 18K RAM total, does the hobby community make a modern easy to obtain memory expansion?

2) I see someone accessed Heatwave BBS with one of these, so I'm wondering, does this thing have the physical architecture to support

and feed a VGA adapter for a modern monitor? Or possibly a converter from the printer port to make it display text on a monitor?

3) Is there something like a FlashROM being developed behind the scenes for this thing?

Being a TI-99/4A user, I'm rather fond of orphan computers... as long as they can actually be used for something. In the past I had no clue what I could use something like this for, but if it's a classic orphan finally in it's ascendancy...

Having never owned one of these little gadgets, I have a couple of questions.

1) Apparently it's expandable to 18K RAM total, does the hobby community make a modern easy to obtain memory expansion?

2) I see someone accessed Heatwave BBS with one of these, so I'm wondering, does this thing have the physical architecture to support

and feed a VGA adapter for a modern monitor? Or possibly a converter from the printer port to make it display text on a monitor?

3) Is there something like a FlashROM being developed behind the scenes for this thing?

Being a TI-99/4A user, I'm rather fond of orphan computers... as long as they can actually be used for something. In the past I had no clue what I could use something like this for, but if it's a classic orphan finally in it's ascendancy...

1: there's a bank switchable new ram board just designed (see the cc-40 dev thread) that is what Jon is offering for sale

2: there's a hexbus port, if you can find a hexbus display adapter that might work ;) they don't exist tho

3: there's a multicart board which is also in the dev thread that is what Jon is offering for sale

The CC-40 and tI-74 are almost identical with a few basic commands missing in the 74 and the size shrunk down to handheld calc size.. the cart port is different on a 74 and the hexbus port is a different shape/pinout and called something else but it's the same protocol/signals an adapter works great I have some "not perfect but work" cc-40's and power supplies on arcadeshopper for half what they are going on ebay for

Greg

• Like 2

I bought one of the new ram carts and a multicart from Acadiel and I have a couple of questions. I see on the ram cart that it has a pin for 3 volts so could I put a lithium button battery holder there for backup? Also, if I wrote basic programs, is there a way to store a separate program in each bank? There are 4 switches, so I am wondering if there are 24 banks?

Doug

I bought one of the new ram carts and a multicart from Acadiel and I have a couple of questions. I see on the ram cart that it has a pin for 3 volts so could I put a lithium button battery holder there for backup? Also, if I wrote basic programs, is there a way to store a separate program in each bank? There are 4 switches, so I am wondering if there are 24 banks?

Doug

16 32K banks. :)

Anyone want the help with the POKE/PEEK statements to copy from BASIC RAM to the cart and back? Can likely also be done in DEBUG with assembler.

• Like 2

16 32K banks. :)

Anyone want the help with the POKE/PEEK statements to copy from BASIC RAM to the cart and back? Can likely also be done in DEBUG with assembler.

I've forgotten almost everything I once knew about this little machine but if I can get the time who knows what kind of peeking and poking I might do. lol

k3pw5z.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'll have three of the multi-cart ROM carts and three of the RAM carts this weekend that I don't need as well. (Don't mean to to preempt you, Greg). Just want materials back out of them, so let me do a quick add of what I spent on them. I was just going to keep one ROM cart and one RAM cart for my use.

Two are the V1 versions, and two are the second versions. No operational difference between them.

Edit: This is pretty much my cost. Rounded up to the next $5, plus $5 for labor, plus s/h. The piano switches were ordered today, but I still have to order a couple of 512K RAM chips. Otherwise, I'll assemble what I have save the RAM and piano switches. Should be ready as soon as those parts come in.

3 ROM carts to speak for

3 RAM carts to speak for

Of course, since Paypal's gonna take their cut with this, I ask that you pay the fee (or pay $0.30 + 2.9% more to cover it).

Please Reply back if you want to speak for one of the above carts. S/H should be around $5 (I like keeping things in $5 increments, makes it easier for me.)

RAM Board (14 pieces):
have Qty 1 - PC Boards: $3/ea - Retro Innovations
buy  Qty 1 - 512K RAM Chips: $5.04/ea + $2/ea/sh - Mouser 913-AS6C4008-55PCN
have Qty 1 - 32 pin machine DIP socket - $2/ea - own
buy  Qty 1 - 4 position piano DIP Switches: $1.28/ea - eBay
have Qty 1 - 2-Pin header: $0.05/ea - own
have Qty 2 - 1N914 diode - $0.16/ea x 2 + s/h - Mouser 78-1N914
have Qty 1 - Capacitor (0.1uf ceramic) $0.10/ea - own
have Qty 4 - Resistors (10K) $0.10/ea x 4 - own
have Qty 1 - Resitor (3.3K) $0.10/ea - own
have Qty 1 - Resistor (6.8K) $0.10/ea - own
Around $15 + $5 labor = $20 + s/h 

ROM Board (10 pieces):
have Qty 1 - PC Boards: $3/ea - Retro Innovations
have Qty 1 - 39SF040 512K Flash Chips: $1.90/ea + .50/ea/sh - Mouser SST39SF040-70-4C-PHE
have Qty 1 - 32 pin machine DIP socket - $2/ea - own
buy  Qty 1 - 4 position piano DIP Switches: $1.28/ea - eBay
have Qty 1 - Capacitor (0.1 uf ceramic) $0.10/ea - own
have Qty 4 - Resistors (10K) $0.10/ea - own
have Qty 1 - Resistor (3.3K) $0.10/ea - own
Around $10 + $5 labor = $15 + s/h

The ROM board has 2 diodes on it. Are they needed as in the RAM board or can I skip them? Also the 2 pin connector is for battery backup and thus I assume should not be needed for the ROM board as well?

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
9 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

Yep. I have the (E)EPROMs. Send me a PM. If you want a completed cart, contact ARCADESHOPPER. Here's the address:

http://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/TI-CC-40/c/27454942/offset=0&sort=nameAsc

Sorry I let this go out of stock, it's back in stock now :)  like anything, if it shows out of stock send me an email and I'll see what I can do