IGNORED

Cases for the Mini-ITX based Atari 8-Bit Motherboards

mytek

Ok, a day early (for Hallowe'en) but finally, the Frankentari Projects are live.

YT - as ever - are copyright tw*ts, so I've uploaded to Veoh. Let's see how long before Veoh take 'em down.

(i don't know how so much copyrighted stuff stays on YT)

the last video is the one with the eclaireXL 3d printed case - this video is in two parts

part 1 - the 800xl plexiglas LED and

part 2 - eclaireXL 3d prinbted case

IMPORTANT: Veoh videos need flash enabled in your browser

in chrome addressbar type - chrome://settings/content/flash - set option to ASK FIRST

anyhow, in order...

click the HQ button below the player

The Caption

The Promo

The Finished Video

enjoy!

Edited by Guest

Very colourful!

Does the case and keyboard really have dynamic lighting? Do you have some simple pics of the EclaireXL case I can see please?

Hi Mark

yes and no. i have a switch fitted to the lighting unit - which should react to sound, going to try experimenting with it to see if i can get a better response.

as regards the pics of the eclaire XL case, itself:

post-39567-0-92923200-1541091141_thumb.jpg

post-39567-0-55901400-1541091102_thumb.jpg

post-39567-0-40570300-1541091220_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I asked the seller of that case if they would sell me one without all the cutouts because I think the case is lovely but the cutouts ruin it for me (I notice yours doesn't have the back panel installed. The cart tunnel does a good job of hiding the fan cutout), they never replied.

I ended up ordering this; I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I'm going to remove the logo, mount everything on the front panel and rub the black anodised aluminium away in a stripe near the top to make it look 1090(ish) but with a glass lid.

post-62759-0-56356100-1542140396.jpg

• Like 5

The back panel was almost completely open anyway. Only a 1/2" border basically. When I took the case apart this time I broke it.. so gone it is. Maybe someday I'll either make a new one, or get one of the custom aluminum panels for that side. Oh, and the case you chose looks awesome. I just wanted to show off my work not make a black box that anything could be inside. Your case will do that pretty well too!

Edited by chevymad
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 5:43 PM, Lavalamp said:

Unfortunately my 1088XEL project failed, may revisit it next year. Below is the link to my case designed to be 3D printed if you want to give it ago, I did print the rear IO ports and this fitted perfectly, and the breakouts for the port covers did too.

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/3MTwi9fbOTT

Did you ever put your stuff up on Thingyverse or save it?? your tinkercad page is dead??   You said failed, but you never stated why?

James

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2018 at 12:28 PM, Mr Robot said:

I asked the seller of that case if they would sell me one without all the cutouts because I think the case is lovely but the cutouts ruin it for me (I notice yours doesn't have the back panel installed. The cart tunnel does a good job of hiding the fan cutout), they never replied.

I ended up ordering this; I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I'm going to remove the logo, mount everything on the front panel and rub the black anodised aluminium away in a stripe near the top to make it look 1090(ish) but with a glass lid.

post-62759-0-56356100-1542140396.jpg

I just went looking for my clear case again. It seems they now do make it without cutouts.  How did the case you bought end up working?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acrylic-Clear-Mini-ITX-Case-for-Intel-CPU-onboard-C0AA-S1-US/223834800883?hash=item341d9802f3:g:fP4AAOSwWrNcMzmT