IGNORED

Dbl Hi-res Game Creation System

Iamgroot

I got it to load the background image and I can move around the dot, but I am not sure what to do with it or how to program with it. Is this just a demo of something created with it, or does it come with the tools to create my own stuff? Will it eventually be able to make games like King's Quest? Thanks!

Press OA-? for all the help commands.

It comes with most of the tools to create everything graphics wise. All the tools that will be included allow you to capture sprites, draw sprites, create backgrounds, create simple animation. What is meant by simple animation is things such as a person walking or space invaders type animation or mouse cursor movement. Not screen rendering like driving down a race track or 3-d rendering like doom.

You have to program the theory behind your game. If this program could do that for you, then it could create the game itself.

Adventure games would be one of the easiest to create. If I get enough registrations, I will make my LZ4 compression program available.

As an example of the amount of compression, most of the Black Cauldron screens I did compressed down to less than 1/3 of the screen size. Which means you could fit from 25-30 screens on one side of a 140kb disk.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

They are done.

All that is left is mouse cursor movement and background screen capture for animation.

For static games, like board games, adventure games and card games, this won't be a problem as all pieces are usually replaced with a background shape that is already created.

For mouse cursor movement and other animations though, the background has to be captured before each animation or cursor movement.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...