IGNORED

Champ Games - Mappy - 2600

johnnywc

51 minutes ago, eightbitwhit said:

Only available via cartridge purchase on the AA store, as far as I know.

They should offer the rom at a discount rate for people who buy harmony carts. I really can't pay 50 dollars for this. Currently the dollar is at over BRL$5 which makes it just impossible for me to even buy cheaper homebrew. ?

Edited by Marcos Moutta
I messed up the syntax

39 minutes ago, Marcos Moutta said:

They should offer the rom at a discount rate for people who buy harmony carts. I really can't pay 50 dollars for this. Currently the dollar is at over BRL$5 which makes it just impossible for me to even buy cheaper homebrew. ?

I believe Albert is currently working on setting up the Downloads section (currently not visible to the public) to allow for ROM purchases/downloads.

In the meantime, you should check out this post earlier in the thread: 

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
On 5/18/2020 at 5:13 PM, root42 said:

Found another bug in Mappy. Get caught by a cat the same moment Hurry comes up. I was stuck and invincible. Until this weird green thing arrived???

Wow - apologies for not replying to this sooner!  ?  That weird "green thing" is the "Gosenzo" cat-coin!  It appears if you take too long to clear a level and will track down Mappy.  Unlike cats, it CAN and WILL kill you on contact no matter where you are, including trampolines, so if he show's up, avoid him at all costs! 

I looked into the code and I was able to find and fix the Hurry up/caught cat bug.  I have sent Al a new ROM (with some other changes and tweaks to the UI but no game play changes) for any future Mappy purchases.  Since we cannot obviously do a mass-recall without putting AtariAge (and Champ Games) out of business ;) , Al has graciously offered to re-program Mappy carts with the latest ROM if you are willing to send him your cart and pay for the shipping.

As another alternative, we have also just added the Mappy full ROM to the Champ Games website online store which is also the latest version, and we offer a 50% discount for people how have previously purchased the cartridge.

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated!

John

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Prizrak said:

Found another bug, was playing and music stopped and everything froze.http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/610620de50e0f/20210731_233418.mp4

Hi there!

Sorry you're having issues with Mappy on your system.  Can you give more info on what the test environment is?  Is this a demo ROM or cart?  If a cart, was it purchased recently or is it older (6+ months)?  Does the bug happen often?  Are you able to test the game on different systems with similar results?

Any additional info is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I just viewed the video and it's of Zoo Keeper, not Mappy. :?  Are you having issues with Zoo Keeper?  Perhaps you posted in the wrong thread? :P 

Thanks,

John

My apologies, wrong thread. Yes it's zoo keeper, last demo released publicly. Was playing a lot of zoo keeper and going to be getting a cart/rom soon. I've played the demo a ton and never had it lock up, thought it would share it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Johnnywc thank you for the update and thank you Al for offering reprogramming, I will be sure to contact you when I get close to my next order so you can throw it in that package and save the extra shipping back.

Of course I do not mind paying for shipping both ways either.. haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, root42 said:

After a year I managed to crack the 140k on Mappy. Reached the fourth bonus round. Made some mistake there, so I think 150k is within reach!

3281587B-3315-49A8-A09D-38C34E6A2EDD.jpeg

Great score! :o  My high score is about 170K, level 18.  The cats move pretty quick at that point and the extra cats and coin appear pretty fast so you really need to focus and not waste too much time on those levels if you hope to survive. :skull: :)  Good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Mappy is an amazing...amazing port. The sprites, gameplay, tunes, SFX, box art and manual make this a top shelf game. Whenever I pop this cart into the console, I tend to play it for several days in a row. This game is part of the AtariAge Last Chance Sale! For anyone that may be on the fence, buy with confidence. I can't recommend this one enough, but don't just rely on my word. Read the reviews and watch the video in the AtariAge Store.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

VGC review, Congrats!

Thanks Darrell!

5 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Mappy is an amazing...amazing port. The sprites, gameplay, tunes, SFX, box art and manual make this a top shelf game. Whenever I pop this cart into the console, I tend to play it for several days in a row. 

Thanks Steve!  @Nathan Strum did an amazing job on the graphics and packaging and @iesposta did a fantastic job on the sounds. :music:  Mappy was a lot of fun to make! :D 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1