IGNORED

Champ Games - Mappy - 2600

johnnywc

My wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas the other day. I sat her down and showed her this (Mappy) and a handful of upcoming releases for the Atari Jaguar. She looked at me and smiled, and then said, You want an Atari Christmas dont you, honey?

I hugged her and said , I love you too, honey! lol!

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Join us LIVE today on the ZeroPage Homebrew​ Twitch livestream at 6PM PT/9PM ET for some Atari 2600 Homebrew gaming!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

We'll be playing TWO Champ Games today!! We'll be playing the extremely limited (for now) Mappy retail boxed copy from this weekend's PRGE2018 event and an EXCLUSIVE first look at a NEW Champ Games homebrew, Elevator Action, using Bus Stuffing!! We'll also be competing for top score in Seaweed Assault!

Games Today:
- Mappy (2018) by John Champeau (CHAMP Games)
- Elevator Action (2017 Early WIP) by John Champeau (CHAMP Games)
- Seaweed Assault (2011) (Homebrew Tournament Round #5)

Upcoming ZeroPage Schedule: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/276956-zeropage-homebrew-twitch-stream/

post-37205-0-18915600-1540426877_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Just released! ZeroPage Homebrew's interview with John Champeau of Champ Games at Portland Retro Gaming Expo 2018!

We caught up with John Champeau at the AtariAge booth at PRGE to discuss his past, current and future homebrew game titles including his new release Mappy and WIP game Wizard of Wor! John also dropped some hints of some upcoming game titles he has planned including a whole line of homebrew sports titles for the Atari 2600!

Edited by cimmerian
  • Like 9

Nice interview!

I'll admit to being a bit disappointed in last year's homebrew panel from PRGE, since it didn't seem that the homebrewers had much of an opportunity to talk. It's nice to hear John have a chance to talk about his games. Hopefully you can do more interviews like this with homebrewers. :thumbsup:

(Guess I need to get working on the next batch of sprites... :ponder: )

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 5

Thanks so much Nathan, it was great to talk to John and to give more voice to the homebrew developers making amazing new games!

I'll also soon be releasing an interview I did with Dan Kitchen about his two new homebrew 2600 games Gold Rush and Bon Voyage (and his future plans for MANY more games) as well as an interview with Albert Yarusso from AtariAge all about bringing the homebrew games to the masses!

Nice interview!

I'll admit to being a bit disappointed in last year's homebrew panel from PRGE, since it didn't seem that the homebrewers had much of an opportunity to talk. It's nice to hear John have a chance to talk about his games. Hopefully you can do more interviews like this with homebrewers. icon_thumbsup.gif

(Guess I need to get working on the next batch of sprites... icon_ponder.gif )

• Like 2

Nathan still notices because he isn't used to it like I am. :)

On the contrary, my first and last name get misspelled all the time. Nathen is the most common. But I've had Natham, Nathun, Nathon, Nathien (still trying to figure that one out), as well as Strumm, Strumn, Strom, Sturm, Stern, Stromme, and for some reason, Smith. I'll admit though, I usually just copy/paste your last name when I need to type it someplace. ;)