IGNORED

Mega Man 11 coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch!

Pixelboy

I like it. I'm happy that it's basic Mega Man style with an upgrade and modern look. It kinda looks like the early screenshots for Mighty No 9 before it became... what it did.

They announced this today on their big 30th Anniversary livestream alongside Mega Man Legacy collections getting a Switch release and a Mega Man X Collection (X1 thru X8) coming out for all the consoles and PC.

They announced this today on their big 30th Anniversary livestream alongside Mega Man Legacy collections getting a Switch release and a Mega Man X Collection (X1 thru X8) coming out for all the consoles and PC.

And if we're really lucky, Nintendo will release an N64 Mini next year, and Mega Man 64 (a.k.a. Mega Man Legends) will be included. :)

I'm too attached to the NES games I guess. Much like the acclaimed PSP remake, this one didn't do much for me in that short trailer. Only Mega Man 9 and 10 have been up my alley for post-NES releases, for obvious reasons.

I'm more interested in the Switch port of the original 10 games. And as someone that only has played the original Mega Man X Collection on the GameCube, I'm mildly curious about Mega Man X8 and probably will use that as an excuse to buy this new compilation (And I'll have to briefly see how horrible MMX7 is for myself).

Edited by Atariboy

Much like the acclaimed PSP remake, this one didn't do much for me in that short trailer.

The only thing Mega Man Powered-Up was "acclaimed" for was that it wasn't released on the Nintendo DS where it belonged. I mean seriously, the DS touch screen was made for level editors like in Powered-Up.

I'm more interested in the Switch port of the original 10 games.

It always bothered me a little that they never released 9 and 10 on the Nintendo 3DS. They would have made great little games on the go. Oh well, now it's going to happen with the Switch. :)

And as someone that only has played the original Mega Man X Collection on the GameCube, I'm mildly curious about Mega Man X8 and probably will use that as an excuse to buy this new compilation (And I'll have to briefly see how horrible MMX7 is for myself).

I've played very little of X7 and X8. I just remember X7 being pretty bad.

I think X7 is considered so bad that X8 is only considered good because of how bad X7 was. :lol:

It looks better than Mighty No. 9, and Mega Man's voice actually fits this time. One of the few gripes I had with Powered Up was some of the voices didn't really fit, and Garry Chalk still was the best when it came to voicing Gutsman and Bomb Man. (Yes, He and the rest of the Beast Wars and ReBoot crew worked on the '90s Capcom cartoons.)

As for X7, if Capcom had modeled the gameplay mechanics after Ratchett & Clank, it could have been better. Hmm, maybe I should do a How I would Fix Mega Man X7 video?

• 10 months later...

Sort of a NecroBump, but has anyone else grabbed this yet? I picked it up for the Switch a couple days ago.

I've only had a few minutes to play it, but it's decent. I'm playing it on the "Normal" difficulty, and it's what the kids call "Nintendo Hard". It's unforgiving but rewarding, just like many of the older titles. I would have liked them to stick with the 8-bit graphics and sound, but what they did here is still good.

I still can't believe there are ELEVEN main-line Mega Man games. Feels like I just picked up Mega Man 2 yesterday!

I had it come to me with a long ago set amazon preorder for the now dead savings. I'll admit I was bad about it. I got the game, played it that day, took down luckily 2 robot masters having somehow guessed both a good start and a follow up weak to the first. I have not played it since or Octopath Traveler either in a couple weeks. Between some self-home improvement job I did wearing me out, getting sick/infection around it, and just stuff I've not fired either up and feel bad about it. That Mega Man 11 is a fantastic game so far, far more fun to me than the 8bit looking titles from the Wii era were. I really should pull it back out and do some damage. That shop option it has to buy power ups, added gear, and other fluff including 1UPs is a nice touch I appreciate. That dual gear system seems nice as well, I like the change, but it burns out sooooo fast once activated and overheat cool off seems to last longer than use.

I picked it up on PS4 and did a full run of it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. They did a fantastic job updating it while still keeping it true to the originals. It's definitely more challenging than the NES games, but it's made pretty manageable for newer players with the gear system in place.