IGNORED

Atari Jaguar to 5200 Controller Adapter Project

atariguy1021

If anyone has contact with Atariguy1021 please tell him thanks for all he has done for us and we hope he is well.

Hopefully he will come back, if not still want to express what a pleasure he was to deal with, his products were top notch.

So does this mean you where able to get some of these Jaguar to 5200 adapters from him at some point before he went MIA?

So does this mean you where able to get some of these Jaguar to 5200 adapters from him at some point before he went MIA?

I think he is referring to the Masterplay clone, Famicom NTT controller for Colecovision, Jaguar controller for Colecovision, maybe something else I haven't seen being sold, but the Jag to 5200 controller adapter was never completed. Actually, this Jag to 5200 controller adapter was one of the reason I ordered the two Jag Pro replicas being sold.

• 2 months later...

So how can someone get one??

I recently finished a Jaguar to 5200 Adapter (Pics below). I wanted to start a thread here to gauge interest and get some input. I currently have the parts on hand to build ten units and will offer more in the future. I don't have a set price yet.

There's a smooth recessed portion on the top of the project box for a label. I've been working with 'pboland' on a label for the project and he has also stated that he is willing to create 5200 overlays for the Jaguar controller if the demand is there.

I currently have the buttons that aren't self explanatory mapped as follows:

A = Bottom Fire Button

B = Top Fire Button

C = Start

Option = Reset

I was considering implementing a feature where some combo of button presses swaps the fire button mapping around. Not sure if anyone would make use of that? Any suggestions are welcome!

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff... more to follow!

Size Reference

attachicon.gifSize.JPG

Recessed Top for Label

attachicon.gifRecessed_Top.JPG

attachicon.gifPort.JPG

There's two small pots on the bottom to adjust vertical and horizontal center, a small Phillips screwdriver is needed.

attachicon.gifBottom-2.JPG

So how can someone get one??

Unfortunately, this guy seems long gone. Havent heard from him in a year. I think its up to someone else to make them now.

If you look around on the 5200 section the are readily available inexpensive ways to accomplish the same thing as the jag to 5200 adapter and masterplay clone, you have to use the standard controller for the keypad.

Unfortunately, this guy seems long gone. Havent heard from him in a year. I think its up to someone else to make them now.

If you look around on the 5200 section the are readily available inexpensive ways to accomplish the same thing as the jag to 5200 adapter and masterplay clone, you have to use the standard controller for the keypad.

So there seem to be a wealth of adapter options and adapter combinations out there for the 5200. ave1 has put together multiple videos where he is constantly trying all these things out. Does anyone know if there is a common controller people like to use with the 5200? I assume there was interest in the jag controller because it had a built in keypad so you wouldn't need a separate keypad device? Or do people like the jag controller for ergonomics? I don't have a jaguar and I've never tried the controller.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So there seem to be a wealth of adapter options and adapter combinations out there for the 5200. ave1 has put together multiple videos where he is constantly trying all these things out. Does anyone know if there is a common controller people like to use with the 5200? I assume there was interest in the jag controller because it had a built in keypad so you wouldn't need a separate keypad device? Or do people like the jag controller for ergonomics? I don't have a jaguar and I've never tried the controller.

I have Jag controller and its OK for me. Fits in the hands nice, but heard some dont like the Dpad as much.

I would have liked to have had the adapter as there was some talk about getting custom 5200 game overlays done for the Jag controller.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...