IGNORED

Awesome Jaguar CD find at a mall retro game shop (VIDEO)

NowThereAreNoLimits

That is awesome to find complete but yikes on the price for them these days?! I think my Ex paid under 300 total for the jag and jag CD plus games I got from her at Christmas 1999 I think? And of course my Jag CD didn't work...initially. A tiny turn on the laser pot and its been working great since.

"half don't work" that's probably very conservative tbh :D he says looking at his collection of dead ones... :D

Nice find

I got mine new, still have box and is still working, though I had to replace the clip that held down the lid and the laser mechanism in it. What's wrong with your dead ones, I didn't think it was all that hard to get mine working again!

I always thought like 50k were made, about 20k were sold, and have no idea how many are dead.

I do know I watched AVGN get one that was busted, but he was determined so finally got a working one. Sadly there are very few great games for it; Primal Rage, Iron Soldier 2, Robinson's Requiem and... well I liked Highlander, but it was pretty buggy and terrible in spots. Blue Lighting is good, but painfully it doesn't have a save feature!

He said he was only 5 games short of having the full cartridge collection (is that original games, or ones coming out later, like Another World?) I guess the crap thing for him, is he was so close to completion of his collection, but now he'll have to collect the CD ones too!

Wow, it's nearing the point where I should probably part ways with mine. Almost $400? Haven't powered it on since probably 2001. And the box is way better than that one. But to make it CIB I'd have to part with the Tempest 2000 soundtrack. Also I have accumulated more CD games since then that I've never even played!

• Like 1

I got mine new, still have box and is still working, though I had to replace the clip that held down the lid and the laser mechanism in it. What's wrong with your dead ones, I didn't think it was all that hard to get mine working again!

Variety of faults:

2x Not recognising the power is connected

1x Corrupt audio CD playback

3x Not recognising any discs

1x Friction noises when lid closed

2x Working :D (maybe 3)