IGNORED

Masterplay clone controller adapter for sale

7800fan

Sorry about the delay, family health issues in the last few months. My dad is recovering from cancer removal but it was nasty few months when he started getting sick, doctor's discovery, surgery to carve out half of pancreas, a few weeks of hospital stay, and numerous trips to various doctors for exams, follow ups, etc. I figure my Mom and I racked up 10,000 driving miles in the last 3 months.

MphZX07.jpg

Controller extension cord on 5200 side will be needed since the port has "ears" that will prevent it from going into 5200 console. I have 5200 controller extension cable if you don't have one to use, $6.95 each from Console5, limit 1 per Masterplay clone. (don't overpay for eBay!)

Keypad pinout if you prefer to make your own or use alternative keypad. The thin membrane keypad is cheap and will work for quick testing and such.

6S98TSn.jpg

hole dimension and hole placement:

SBIvLkB.png

The PCB is 1.94" x 1.95" (49.28mm x 49.53mm)

When I made my custom case, I aligned the board so the 9 pin port would be nearly flush to one end, and I put the extension cord inside so I didn't need to find a perfect sized case. The case source I got however no longer had any shortly after I bought one and designed around that case :/

Barring any last second surprise, I have 9 assembled, tested, and ready to go. $20 each ($18 if you don't want both keypads), 12" wires will come with the board regardless of if you get keypad or not. ($26.95 with keypad + controller extension cable or $24.95 with extension cable but no keypad) The keypad wire is 12" or 30CM and should be long enough for most case shells.

Shipping TBD, from 48435, MI, USA. Shipping is $3.00 for one without extension and $3.16 for one with cable. International shipping is something like $10 at the cheapest with tracking -_- (USPS sucks but still cheaper than UPS and FedEx)

I also have a few unpopulated PCB from the first production, it has a serious error in that 9 pin controller port is wrong. You'd need to solder the male plug on the bottom instead of the top or use a female version and get male-male gender changer. $1 each. I could probably send it via regular mail with a 48 cents stamp, no tracking.

What do you do for the second fire button? Is there a way to wire it to support, say, the 7800 2-fire button scheme? [since most of us 5200 owners also own a 7800 and accessories].

I'm really liking the [separate] idea of repurposing an Atari 2600 Star Raiders Keypad and installing hardware like this in it.

For 7800 support, a slight rewiring of the port is necessary because pin 5 is connected to 5v for Genesis controller. If you used 7800 controller straight without rewiring my board, you will short 5v to ground when you press a button. A mod is needed on my board, disconnect pin 5 and remap it, and pin 6 on the controller port needs to be moved to 7.

A bit of a work, I have designed alternative schematic for masterplay clone that is compatible with 7800 and still work with Genesis and 2600 controller via switch to change the pins a bit but I have not tested it yet.

If Star Raider keypad is wired the same as older keypad with round buttons, those can be reused for 5200 keypad. AA site has schematic http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/schematics/Schematic_2600_Accessories_Low.htmlyou may need to snip the resistor that functions as pullup to 5v if it interferes with normal controller function on 5200.

• 5 months later...

Sorry about the delay, family health issues in the last few months. My dad is recovering from cancer removal but it was nasty few months when he started getting sick, doctor's discovery, surgery to carve out half of pancreas, a few weeks of hospital stay, and numerous trips to various doctors for exams, follow ups, etc. I figure my Mom and I racked up 10,000 driving miles in the last 3 months.

MphZX07.jpg

Controller extension cord on 5200 side will be needed since the port has "ears" that will prevent it from going into 5200 console. I have 5200 controller extension cable if you don't have one to use, $6.95 each from Console5, limit 1 per Masterplay clone. (don't overpay for eBay!)

Keypad pinout if you prefer to make your own or use alternative keypad. The thin membrane keypad is cheap and will work for quick testing and such.

6S98TSn.jpg

hole dimension and hole placement:

SBIvLkB.png

The PCB is 1.94" x 1.95" (49.28mm x 49.53mm)

When I made my custom case, I aligned the board so the 9 pin port would be nearly flush to one end, and I put the extension cord inside so I didn't need to find a perfect sized case. The case source I got however no longer had any shortly after I bought one and designed around that case :/

Barring any last second surprise, I have 9 assembled, tested, and ready to go. $20 each ($18 if you don't want both keypads), 12" wires will come with the board regardless of if you get keypad or not. ($26.95 with keypad + controller extension cable or $24.95 with extension cable but no keypad) The keypad wire is 12" or 30CM and should be long enough for most case shells.

Shipping TBD, from 48435, MI, USA. Shipping is $3.00 for one without extension and $3.16 for one with cable. International shipping is something like $10 at the cheapest with tracking -_- (USPS sucks but still cheaper than UPS and FedEx)

I also have a few unpopulated PCB from the first production, it has a serious error in that 9 pin controller port is wrong. You'd need to solder the male plug on the bottom instead of the top or use a female version and get male-male gender changer. $1 each. I could probably send it via regular mail with a 48 cents stamp, no tracking.

I just nabbed one of these recently. Anyone know if there is a good way to extend the tiny pot dials so they are about an inch high to stick out of the box?

I have one of the oginals in the box opened once by me for testing when I got it! They work really well! The only complaint I have about it is the little red button for adding a second fire button to the one button Atari JS.

Is this a re-engineered one or something? It doesn't look anything like the one I have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...