IGNORED

Character set hex codes

wyerd

Does anyone have the hex codes for the normal and large character sets as featured in the GROMs that they can post, or point me in the direction of where I can find them?

Thank you!

There are 3 character sets: large caps, normal caps and small caps. The large caps is the only set that is 8 bytes/char as it sits in whichever console GROM it is stored. The other two are stored in only 7 bytes/char to conserve space because the top (bottom ?) row is all zeros.

If you know TMS9900 Assembler, you can get them into the Pattern Descriptor Table and read them out from there. It is very easy to do this from Forth.

...lee

• Like 1

Now, that's a challenge :-o

If you have Heiner Martin's TI Intern (on WHTech), they are listed on pages 105 – 107. You will need to remember that the Normal Caps (listed as “Small Caps”) must have a 0 byte added at the beginning or end of every 7 bytes. The same is true for the lowercase set (I call it “small caps” because that is what they are). The so-called “Standard Character Set” is composed of the large characters that show on the startup screen, I believe, and they are a full 8 bytes per character.

...lee