IGNORED

Elansar, Philia, Alice mom's rescue, Yopaz Jaguar CD available for download

Orion_

Hello folks !

Since I won't produce new copies of my Jaguar CD games, and because there is still demands for it, I decided to offer my Jaguar CD games available for download at a small price.

You can buy my 4 games on my itch.io web page and get the game to download in the form of a CDI image.

Here --> https://orionsoft.itch.io/<--

Available games are:

Elansar (point & click "myst" like adventure game)

Philia: the sequel to Elansar

Alice mom's rescue (cute 2D platformer)

Yopaz IceStar (2D puzzle game with level editor)

In the zip file you will find the CDI image, that you will need to burn on a blank CD-R at the lowest speed (x1) using the demo version of the software DiscJuggler (available here for free: https://legacy.padus.com/downloads/demo.php )

You will also find the manual and cover in high quality PNG image that you can print using your own printer, so you can produce your very own complete copy of my game !

Enjoy !

• Like 9

Hello folks !

Since I won't produce new copies of my Jaguar CD games, and because there is still demands for it, I decided to offer my Jaguar CD games available for download at a small price.

You can buy my 4 games on my itch.io web page and get the game to download in the form of a CDI image.

Here --> https://orionsoft.itch.io/<--

Available games are:

Elansar (point & click "myst" like adventure game)

Philia: the sequel to Elansar

Alice mom's rescue (cute 2D platformer)

Yopaz IceStar (2D puzzle game with level editor)

In the zip file you will find the CDI image, that you will need to burn on a blank CD-R at the lowest speed (x1) using the demo version of the software DiscJuggler (available here for free: https://legacy.padus.com/downloads/demo.php )

You will also find the manual and cover in high quality PNG image that you can print using your own printer, so you can produce your very own complete copy of my game !

Enjoy !

Hi Orion. If you don't mind, I'm curious why you never put Zia and the Goddess of Magic on the Jaguar? It's the one thing the Jaguar truly misses... a Dragon Warrior / Final Fantasy style RPG game. Any chance maybe Gatzee or someone could port it over? Or is it just too big?

Thanks!

Thank you Orion. Bought Alice's Moms and Topaz. (Already bought others when you previously put therm for sale) I've given up "collecting" and just want to play the game. Thank you for making it possible with your efforts

Wish more people would do this. Too many homebrew releases seem too be about media, label, box and manual. The game is just an addition to that.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Orion,

I purchased and downloaded Alice's Mom's Rescue and Elansar. Thanks so much for offering them so inexpensively! Being in a perpetually poor state, it's nice to have new games to play without breaking the bank. I'll be playing over the holidays. :) Thanks again!

Cheers,

Smeg

I apparently bought them all when he had them on sale before, though I think the only one I have had time to try is Alice's Mom's Rescue, which I played on the Falcon and it seemed for some reason I couldn't jump. Will have to try that again.

I had the same issue last time I played it. But I remember it worked with keyboard control.

The cartridge image is on the CD. If you explore the CD's contents, you'll find a j64 file that you can copy off the CD.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Wow I was not aware of this! I will have to look through my download for the rom/cart version

I totally forgot to go back in on the sale and scoop these up. I actually have the legit 4 pack all sealed still on my shelf (Alice/Elansar/Philia/Yopaz) and haven't opened them and have 2 of the 4 purchased as ISO downloads from the site last year but hadn;t heard of Zia (too bad it's not for the Jag CD) and am still yet to try out Yopaz Ice Star

The cartridge image is on the CD. If you explore the CD's contents, you'll find a j64 file that you can copy off the CD.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

So can all these be purchased and run using a skunk board? Im still quite new to this. Thanks.

So can all these be purchased and run using a skunk board? Im still quite new to this. Thanks.

All of them are the CD iso so they would need to be burned to CDs and played on the Jag CD. But the one guy mentioned that apparently the CD iso for Alice's Mom's Rescue also includes the rom for the game, which could be played on the skunkboard. I didn;t even know that myself and haven't dived into the ISO to see if the ROM was actually there. I just put them all on CDs as I have the Jag CD. I was also able to buy brand new sealed versions of all 4 of the games so I just kept them in my shelf collection and bought the ISOS for use with playing them.

I hope I'm not "the one guy" you're referring to. :P

You can use a program like DAEOMON Tools to mount the ISO and explore its contents. The j64 file is in the Jaguar folder.

haha actually yes you are "the one guy" I hadn't read who posted it (my cell phone wasn't scrolling up) But that's good info tho! I still need to look into my CD and see if that rom is there.

Disappointing that we never got Riven on Jaguar CD, but these games look like the next best thing. Can't wait to burn these CD's!

Riven would have been great! But probably like 4 CDs at least right?

Are there any alternatives for burning the CD-Rs for Macs? DiscJuggler does not appear to be Mac friendly. I tried burning it with the Mac OS at the lowest speed available which was 8x. The Jag CD thinks it's an audio CD. Hmm...

JagCDs are Audio CDs - multisession ones.

• Like 1

JagCDs are Audio CDs - multisession ones.

Yeah, but JagCDs don't bring up the VLM like an audio CD. Anyway I tried burning the disc with the CDI image at 1x with another software called "disco" and it still didn't work.

Are there any alternatives to the DiscJuggler that works?