IGNORED

Fake retro console in Jumanji movie?

S1500

I just looked up the new Jumanji.

Is Dwayne Johnson in everything these days? Aren't people sick of him yet?

Why should anyone be sick of him? He's the go to actor for cheesy popcorn flicks. He isn't doing any serious film work, and I've never heard of him being a pompous ass. When he pulls a Shia Labeouf, then maybe should have a reason to be sick of him.

Why should anyone be sick of him? He's the go to actor for cheesy popcorn flicks. He isn't doing any serious film work, and I've never heard of him being a pompous ass. When he pulls a Shia Labeouf, then maybe should have a reason to be sick of him.

Have to agree with that and don't forget RAMPAGE too. :D

The only one being a pompous ass around his circle is that douche from the Fast and the Furious movies. Dwayne got a better role and came in later, and the dude who has been there the entire time is showing some serious butthurt and whines he won't be in another if the Rock there gets his own spinoff movie.

Have to agree with that and don't forget RAMPAGE too. :D

The only one being a pompous ass around his circle is that douche from the Fast and the Furious movies. Dwayne got a better role and came in later, and the dude who has been there the entire time is showing some serious butthurt and whines he won't be in another if the Rock there gets his own spinoff movie.

I actually kinda like The Rock, and I was never really into wrestling. I don't make a point of seeing his movies but even if the movie sucks it never seems to be his fault.... Speaking of fault anyone see San Andreas? I thought for sure it was going to end withe him pulling the fault back together... That may have actually saved that movie.

I think the closest analogy to the board game that sucked players into it would've been a dedicated direct-to-TV system instead of a general purpose console unless all its other games beyond Jumanji are just as enchanting to the players. Then again many who play video games tend to get lost inside that world for real and barely return to the real world when need to go to the bathroom, so in that respect they probably could've used any console they obtained licensing for. Compare to the 3D operating system seen in Jurassic Park, which was easy to identify which real world system it belongs to.

But yes, for a 90's console it should either be pitch black (Genesis, 3DO, Saturn etc) or light grey (SNES, PS1, Pippin etc). The dark bluish gray perhaps matches a Jaguar, CD32 or Nintendo 64, but the fake woodgrain likely doesn't match anything from the 90's (except the unreleased Taito WoWoW from 1992).

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

I appreciate that they designed a mock-up monstrosity to genericize the console concept and I get that in doing so they had to take some liberties for the sake of the movie/screen/story, but a giant glowing light on the top of the console is really a step too far. Hopefully there's a very good plot reason for something so obviously distracting that would never be in a real-world design.

• Like 1

I appreciate that they designed a mock-up monstrosity to genericize the console concept and I get that in doing so they had to take some liberties for the sake of the movie/screen/story, but a giant glowing light on the top of the console is really a step too far. Hopefully there's a very good plot reason for something so obviously distracting that would never be in a real-world design.

I thought the same thing Bill. IIRC there was an orb like that on the board game version from the first film so I'm hoping that it the tie in.