IGNORED

I'm in love with rb+ :D

F.L

yes, rb+ is really a fantastic compiler.

It is a fabulous tool to make easily a game on a console for those like me who love the basic!

since some weeks that i use it i appreciate it more and more and that's why i'm in love with it :

rb+ is fast : it compils my +6000 lines of codes with the speed of light

rb+ is sure : when i'm coding i'm always buildind and re-building and it never fails

rb+ use the real "basic" codes, its cool and very rare to code with this simply synthaxe on a game console.

rb+ is powerful : moving a 320x200 sprite very speed ? all seems possible and easy. with rb+, i often forget that the jaguar is a hardware of 90's !

rb+ is faithful : associated with the power of jaguar,all the colours of our gfx are the same that the original on the tv !

its very pleasant to code with rb+, i think that barbarian will not be the only one game i will made with it !

thanks again to ggn and all the persons that have made rb+ possible !

• Like 10

I forgot to say that it's great to have the translation in c in the folder buid

I had never found before a basic2c translator..

rb + can serve as a translator for someone who wants to port a basic game in C and who has trouble with his synthaxis !

• Like 3

forgot to say that it's great to have the translation in c in the folder buid

I had never found before a basic2c translator..

rb + can serve as a translator for someone who wants to port a basic game in C and who has trouble with his synthaxis !

There are a few Basic to C translators out there:

• BCX itself of course which rb+ is based upon. This can actually produce Win32 executables and access API stuff so you can create windows, dialog boxes etc.
  • BC9 seems to be a fork of BCX but this has taken a nosedive - I can't find any active websites about it!
  • BaCon - damn, if I knew this existed before I started rb+ I would have used it instead only because of the epic name and icon! (well, not really. It seems to be a unix bash script which would add complexity to the project, especially on Windows. Plus I have no idea how mature the project is and how hackable it is. For example I was able to extend bcx with not much difficulty because the compiler is written in basic itself!)
  • qb64 - AFAIK this is compatible with qbasic from the MSDOS days. I never used qbasic much but I remember it was pretty decent. But oh well!

So you can use those to create Windows/Linux applications. (although I don't see much point for Windows since Microsoft gives Visual Studio for free these days...)

One final note of course is: After seeing the output from BCX I don't think that it's a good C learning tool: the translator outputs slightly weird code and not that easily readable. But since it's just a stopgap for a C compiler it's pretty acceptable.

Edited by ggn
  • Like 3

There are a few Basic to C translators out there:

• BCX itself of course which rb+ is based upon. This can actually produce Win32 executables and access API stuff so you can create windows, dialog boxes etc.
  • BC9 seems to be a fork of BCX but this has taken a nosedive - I can't find any active websites about it!
  • BaCon - damn, if I knew this existed before I started rb+ I would have used it instead only because of the epic name and icon! (well, not really. It seems to be a unix bash script which would add complexity to the project, especially on Windows. Plus I have no idea how mature the project is and how hackable it is. For example I was able to extend bcx with not much difficulty because the compiler is written in basic itself!)
  • qb64 - AFAIK this is compatible with qbasic from the MSDOS days. I never used qbasic much but I remember it was pretty decent. But oh well!

You forgot X11 Basic.

You forgot X11 Basic.

I honestly thought that this one had its own compiler, but I read that it actually dumps C code as well. Oh well.

As a sidenote X11 basic was considered for rb+ (since it is pretty much GFA basic in its behaviour) but after trying to build it for Windows for a few hours I got so fed up that I never looked at it ever again. (building it on my own was crucial because the language would have to be extended with raptor/jaguar commands)

Edited by ggn

Thanks for the links, i will look at them

I have done some little games with Qb64. Its a good compiler, but not a translator : its not possible to have the result in C...

The game engine of barbarian was done with qb64, its the same who runs on jaguar :D

hello

i'm still playing with rb+ and i like this ;-)

here is what i have done today, for the fun

(the rom is in "attached file" of the post )

you can move the sprite .

i have done the background with 24 color only

i hope you will enjoy like me to see this on a jaguar, and you will dream to see this game ported on it :thumbsup:

i dont know if it's possible, it's a big big project :-o

enough dreaming, i go back to the barbarian codes :grin:

surprise.rom

• Like 7

hello i have updated the "suprise" rom ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cyza35ogoazmpj/surprise.rom?dl=0

now i have a better background in 256 colors and i have added a nice scrolling with the help of your example "imagescroller"

it works fine, thanks ! :thumbsup:

maybe if someday i found time i could had a little platform engine to move the player :-D

• Like 4

hello i have updated the "suprise" rom ;)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cyza35ogoazmpj/surprise.rom?dl=0

now i have a better background in 256 colors and i have added a nice scrolling with the help of your example "imagescroller"

it works fine, thanks ! :thumbsup:

maybe if someday i found time i could had a little platform engine to move the player :-D

Beautiful work, I really like how much screen space you have going on there in one really long scroll. Moving the player should be simple enough really and bullets to boot! I get a Contra feel from this in the jungle..

• Like 1