IGNORED

I/O Error 00

AwkwardPotato

The 74LS259 still hasn't arrived, however, while waiting, is there anything else that should happen during the normal TI startup sequence that I should check for on the card, in order to determine if there are other faults elsewhere, since even when the drive is selected properly it refuses to work?

Hey there!

There is a little trick that I know, that doesn't actually do anything else then make sure that the FDC card is "connected" to the drives...that is , to take the "card edge " connector, and, turn it upside down...purposely. If, when you do so, the drive(s) lights (LEDs) turn on AND stay on, ...that way, you know that the drives are getting SOMETHING from the card. Of course, when you've turn on the P-box to get the drives "lit" , make sure that you turn the power off (to P-box, and, drives that are being powered w/o the P-box Power Supply)....and then switch back the "card edge" connector the right way again.

I hope this helps....

Having VERY similiar problems with my CorComp FDC.

Jt

• 8 months later...

Finally got around to working on the Disk Controller Card again: I replaced the 74LS259, 'LS244's, and 'LS245's. Now, when I try to OPEN #1:"DSK1.X" in TI Basic, I get I/O ERROR 06, regardless of if a disk is in the drive or not. When I try to format a disk in Disk Manager, regardless of name, track number, etc. it immediately stops and says SCREEN IS COMPLETE after I select Y/N for 40 tracks.

I think you have to press PROC'D when it says "Screen is complete" before it will actually do it. That message just gives you a chance to change anything on the screen by pressing REDO or cancelling by pressing BACK.

I/O ERROR 06 seems right for an unformatted disk (or no disk at all).

• 4 months later...

Here's the configuration of the termination pack and the shunt pack:

20171215_082441.jpg?dl=1

From what I've read on The TI Tech Pages, the shunt pack is configured for the head to be loaded by the select line, and for the drive to be selected by SEL1.

The termination pack seems to be the original part.