IGNORED

WTB: Balance of Power (Chris Crawford) MS-DOS 3.5 inch Setup Disk

SumerNivek

Hello all,

If anyone has a spare 3.5 inch "Setup" disk (MS-DOS version) for Chris Crawford's original "Balance of Power," I would be willing to buy it, or, if you are able to make a copy of the disk on a blank 3.5 inch floppy, I would pay you for your troubles for doing that and sending it to me.

I am trying to install this game back on my Tandy 1000 RLX. However, my Setup disk cannot be read by my Tandy's 3.5 inch floppy. The "Build" disk and the "Program" disk appear to be readable, as my A: Drive floppy can read their directories. However, no luck with even getting the A prompt to come up for the Setup disk.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I checked and I do not have 3.5 inch disk images for this game at all. But, I do have the images for both v1.00 and v1.10 of the 5 1/4 inch disks. I am not sure if the content was the same in both disk formats or if writing the first disk to a 3.5 will work, but I can give it a try if you want. I just have to find a disk ;)

I checked and I do not have 3.5 inch disk images for this game at all. But, I do have the images for both v1.00 and v1.10 of the 5 1/4 inch disks. I am not sure if the content was the same in both disk formats or if writing the first disk to a 3.5 will work, but I can give it a try if you want. I just have to find a disk ;)

Eightbit, if you are able to try on a 3.5 inch disk, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a Tandy 1000 RLX, and I only have a 3.5 inch drive on it (no external 5.25 drive, I am afraid). Let me know if you are able to do this, and let me know how much I owe you for the diskette and shipping. I REALLY appreciate it, my friend.

(And feel free to get through the holidays before you even attempt this...I know we are all busy around this time of year!)

I'll try to dig up a disk. That computer has a 1.44MB floppy right? Do you know if it can read 720K single sided 3 1/2 floppies? I have one of those here and the image for the first disk is only 360K, so maybe I can use that.

Yes, the RLX has a 1.44MB floppy drive. I think it can read 720K disks, as I just installed King's Quest 1 and 2 (the late 80s reissues), and both of those appear to be 720k disks and only have data on one side.

It appears to have worked. The original disk image was 360K and fortunately WinImage allows changing the image structure to other formats, so I changed it to 720K and it wrote the image to a 720K scrap disk I had here. I confirmed the contents and it looks good. I used v1.00 of the game setup disk. Lets hope it works. I will PM you and get your shipping info.

• Like 1