IGNORED

The TI-99/4A in 2018

Omega-TI

The TI-99/4A in 2018...  

31 members have voted

1. 1. From what you know (so far) about stuff going on in the TI realm, do you think 2018 will be better than 2016 and 2017 combined?

• Hell YES!
    • Nope
    • Dunno

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I received my first today!

A beige non-QI (1981 copyright). A bit dirty and the label is peeling off, but it's working great. It came with a composite monitor cable which is a good thing since the modulator forked hookup wire is cut off. I'm waiting for another one, a silver one, so I'll have a spare.

I'm also waiting for my PEB to get here which will be great since I don't have any way to save whatever I do on this computer. I also received my editor/assembler NOS binder/disk/cart package. I'll also have to hunt down a parallel interface to connect the TI to my epson Actionprinter 4000 (just bougth it for $40Cdn shipped!) which will be shared with my Atari 130XE/800XL. I even got a new ribbon for it. The fan folded paper cost me more than the printer....

• Like 2

woot! did you find one?

Yep! I mentioned to a friend on another non-gaming site that I was getting interested in retro computing and looking for an Atari 800XL or a TI-99/4A, and much to my surprise he said that he actually had an old TI-99/4A sitting boxed up that he had no use for and didn't know how to hook it up to any of his modern TVs. He said if I wanted it and would use it then he'd let me have it for just the cost of shipping. :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 5

.. didn't know how to hook it up to any of his modern TVs. He said if I wanted it and would use it then he'd let me have it for just the cost of shipping. :)

SA - Weet! Composite cables work, even the C64 cable works IIRC. Sounds like he must not know about the F18A. I must admit, having super sharp VGA (easily and cheaply converted to HDMI) for modern TV's is easy now days.

• Like 1

SA - Weet! Composite cables work, even the C64 cable works IIRC. Sounds like he must not know about the F18A. I must admit, having super sharp VGA (easily and cheaply converted to HDMI) for modern TV's is easy now days.

The picture is quite nice on my Commodore 1702 composite monitor.

The F18A is a bit hard to come by and can get quite pricey on eBay.

I'm pretty well set on the video hookups, since I already ordered a set of NTSC composite cables from Retro Computer Shack in the UK and I snagged a Wico joystick adapter on eBay a while back in preparation of getting a TI. :) I only really use my modern TV for watching Netflix and YouTube so I'll be totally happy playing around with the TI via composite on my retro gaming CRT TV.

• Like 1

I'm pretty well set on the video hookups, since I already ordered a set of NTSC composite cables from Retro Computer Shack in the UK and I snagged a Wico joystick adapter on eBay a while back in preparation of getting a TI. :) I only really use my modern TV for watching Netflix and YouTube so I'll be totally happy playing around with the TI via composite on my retro gaming CRT TV.

It's the only good way for these old workhorse, scanlines and all :)

• 2 weeks later...

Go ahead and peel the label plate right off there. Flatten it real good. I used j-roller. Then I got some double-sided adhesive tape and put it back on the TI. Looks like new. The adhesive came in a roll and was made for holding cellphone glass in place. Peel the back off, stick it on the plate, then peel the front off. It's all adhesive (no paper).

Darryl

A beige non-QI (1981 copyright). A bit dirty and the label is peeling off, but it's working great.

• Like 1