IGNORED

Classic COMPUTER Games you'd love to see ported to the 7800

Inky

We've done the Arcade Games thread.. How about old computer games you'd like to see ported?

Dandy - Yes, Dark Chambers is the 7800 version of this. Perhaps a graphics (and speed) mod of Dark Chambers could rectify this

Duke NUkem 1 & 2

Commander Keen

Silpheed

Thexder

Any others?

• Like 3

Star Wars X-Wing

Syndicate

Ultima VII: The Black Gate.

You really want to see 8 bit versions of those games controlled with a joystick? Too each their own, what's the motivation behind those picks?

I've been playing Gemstone Warrior on the Apple 2 lately, I think that'd make a fine 7800 game. It'd need some control tweaks but w/ two buttons it'd still play well. Along those same lines, I think the Temple of Apshai Trilogy might be cool as well. I would suggest Gateway to Apshai, but we can already play it on the A8 and CV.

• Like 3

I'll 4th or 5th Duke Nukem. I used to love that game, they had a semi-horrible port to the 'Game.Com' handheld that was fully 2D so I could be possible. or any others that were based on those engines like DOOM or Wolfenstein.

But more importantly, back from the MSDOS days... LEMMINGS! :P

I used to love lemmings, been awhile. I'm sure it's still fun. Maybe...

• Like 1

I'll 4th or 5th Duke Nukem. I used to love that game, they had a semi-horrible port to the 'Game.Com' handheld that was fully 2D so I could be possible.

Are you mixing up Duke Nukem 1 & 2 with Duke NUkem 3D? Duke Nukem 3D was the 3rd in the series.

• Like 1

@DanthWader: Lemmings is still great years later. Don't know if it will work with the 7800 Joystick.

I don't see why not. Most of the functions were controlled by the list at the bottom of the screen.

It'd certainly work great with Danth's new 7800 controller. :D

• Like 1