Inky

Classic COMPUTER Games you'd love to see ported to the 7800

Here's some more:

Rusty (PC-98 series):

Flame Zapper Kotsujin (Also PC-98 series):

Early Touhou project (Highly Responsive to Prayers, Story of Eastern Wonderland, Phantasmagoria of Dimensional Dream, Lotus Land Story, and Mystic Square):

3D Death Chase (ZX Spectrum):

• Like 1

Here's some more:

Rusty (PC-98 series):

Flame Zapper Kotsujin (Also PC-98 series):

Early Touhou project (Highly Responsive to Prayers, Story of Eastern Wonderland, Phantasmagoria of Dimensional Dream, Lotus Land Story, and Mystic Square):

3D Death Chase (ZX Spectrum):

Man, you can't mention PC-88/98 games without mentioning Ys I and Ys II. I think they'd come out great on the 7800, given enough ROM size... the POKEY music could be way better than the NES or SMS versions too! ;)

https://youtu.be/XaGmQ6pWhRM

Edited by Fragmare
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if those two Ys games required 1MB 7800 ROM chips. Now, here's something that I know will work on the 7800:

Psychic World (MSX Version):

Valis I and II (MSX Versions):

• Like 1

Are you mixing up Duke Nukem 1 & 2 with Duke NUkem 3D? Duke Nukem 3D was the 3rd in the series.

Yes I was, I never played 1 and 2... I'm enjoying some gameplay on youtube. That would be so awesome for the 7800.

• Like 1

Mircrosoft flight simulator 1 and 2. With flight controls and bluetooth map packs loadable from your phone. Should be easy.

• Like 2

First Thoughts:
Paradroid
Samurai Warrior: The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo
Crownland (A8 platformer)
Wizball

Friday the 13th (C64)

Ninja by Mastertronic

Forbidden Forest

Fire King

Great Giana Sisters

Druid II

• Like 1

My friend had commodore 64 back in the day. I only remember 1 game. It was some space game I forget the name. A little white space ship and black background with tiny white dots for starts.

• Like 1

Zork

:P

No votes for Star Raiders? At all?

Zork would be easy to do with 7800 basic.
  • Like 1

Zork

:P

No votes for Star Raiders? At all?

I definitely second Rude Breaker and Star Raiders! Star Raiders on the 7800 could be amazing!

• Like 2

Has anyone looked into porting Boulder Dash over to the 7800. It may be doable with 16 pixel high character mode.

• Like 2

Speaking of c64 games, how about Bruce Lee? That'd be cool on the 7800.

That's always my suggestion. Space Taxi, too.

• Like 2

You could probably do the original Sim City, in sandbox mode.

Prertty much all computer translations would need a way to save. I wonder if the Atarivox would be able to handle it.

Bruce Lee and the Fists of Fury

Montezuma's Revenge

Any of the earlier Sierra games - once we had a keyboard with the XM. Playing it on the SMS with joystick entry was tedius

• Like 2

Loderunner would be a good game for the 7800.

Some classic Brit coder games that were big in the UK during the 8bit micro era that I reckon the 7800 could do justice to:-

Manic Miner and the huge sequel ...... Jet Set Willy

Manic Miner is a straight 20 level classic linear platformer that is rock hard. With collapsing platforms and some clever homages to other games like Donkey Kong. Packed with surreal enemies which reflect the developer, Matthew Smith's, bizarre sensibilities. The sequel is an enormous sprawling flick screen platformer with a huge number of rooms (between 60 and 132 depending on the version you play) set in a huge mansion with each room having multiple exits. The surrealism is cranked up too. The aim here is to collect every item in every room - requiring you to learn every room but also plot a path through the house.

Chuckie Egg

Classic ladders and level games but played at high speed with compulsive physics.

Thrust

Superb gravity shooter with faultless physics inspired by Gravitar. This ups the challenge requiring you to navigate underground tunnels searching for objects and then towing them to the surface.

Dropzone

Defender update with enough changes to make it worth playing. Lightening fast.

Elite

Epic, sprawling space flight game allowing to be good or bad - set in a huge galaxy to explore.

Edited by davyK
  • Like 2