IGNORED

TI-99/4A Fest West 2018 - Saturday April 28th - Vancouver WA area

jedimatt42

Topic for details on the upcoming TI-99/4A Fest West 2018.

----------- I will update Post #1 as things solidify (Updated Dec 17th, 2017) ----------

Date - Saturday April 28th 2018

I do have a location reserved. In the Klickitat room on the 4th floor of the Vancouver Community Library, Vancouver WA.

This is a zero cost event, contingent on us not selling things or taking donations... so I'll be doing none of that. It is free to attend, and open to walk-ins.

I counted 18 people at last years event. The room is 20 by 30 feet. so that's 33 square feet per person :) We should be able to accommodate tables for anyone wanting to setup a system (PM me if you do want tablespace)

We can have the room from 10 - 5:30 ( I'll need from 5:30 to 6 to restore everything and checkout ), and really I'll need 10-10:15 or your assistance, to move tables around, and herd the chairs.

I plan to setup a presentation workstation for us to share. And I'm playing with some gear so that hopefully by April, I'll be setup to live stream to Youtube.

----

We'll plan to kick off 1st presentation at 11am... If you know you want to spend some time in the spotlight, PM me. When those who have pre-arranged are done, if there is time left, we can give any spontaneous presenters a shot, and follow that with free time.

I'm thinking a social hour (or 1.5 hours as it is) from 12:30 to 2pm with no presentations during that time, to accommodate lunch. There are several restaurants 2 blocks to the west. People can group up and wander off, or you can bring a sack lunch and snack in the room. I'll be staying in the room for security.

• 10am - 11am : Doors open, and room setup, systems setup, mingle...
  • 11am - 12:30pm : Introductions, scheduled presentations
  • 12:30pm - 2pm : Go eat, stay and mingle, come back and mingle...
  • 2pm - 5:30pm : more presentations, and/or whatever the day brings us!
  • 5:30pm - 6:00pm : Make the room look like we were never there.
  • 6:00pm : Library is closed.

-----

There is parking on site. And it'll be Saturday, so their week-day 2 hour parking limit does not apply. There is also a parking garage just a block to the south.

-----

If you want to set up a computer, please let me know (PM me) by end of February, so I can arrange for extra tables if necessary, and make sure you have an outlet. BYO-PowerStrip

-----

Please PM me if any are true:

You want to set up at a table,

You want to present

-----

-M@

• Like 8

Date - Saturday April 28th 2018

There is parking on site. And it'll be Saturday, so their week-day 2 hour parking limit does not apply.

Excellent! Parking in and around big cities can sometimes be troublesome and sometimes spendy. I'm glad this will NOT be the case.

I have a question... During the past two Fest West's, Arcade Shopper has been there to 'fill our needs and wants', how will that work if selling is verboten?

Will single transactions between two private parties doing a hush hush deal be overlooked/ignored?

I have a question... During the past two Fest West's, Arcade Shopper has been there to 'fill our needs and wants', how will that work if selling is verboten?

Will single transactions between two private parties doing a hush hush deal be overlooked/ignored?

Greg will probably chime in, but last year he had an option on his online order form to allow pick up at Fest West.

• Like 2

I've talked to Greg about this. He is there to fill your needs most of the time, not just at Fest West... I'm sure we can defend using Fest West as a delivery option... worst case, there is the parking lot... I suspect the library is often used as a Craigslist 'safe-place' But yes, I'll leave this up to Greg to say how he wants to handle it.

Anyway, you are all adults... The consequence of violating the rules are the Library refusing to allow us back. I'm not going to police you. I don't know if the Library will be checking up on us or not... But they are free to do so.

-M@

• Like 1

I've been out to the room today, and I'm content with it. So I'm calling that done. I've updated post #1 with some assumed schedule, and Please PM me criteria.

Also, other things to consider...

Omega put a ton of effort into the last 2 years events, making them bigger and better. I may leave out some aspect you really enjoyed. If so, please let me know either pro-actively, or if after the event you find yourself wanting, then by all means let me know. I will consider any feedback.

---

One thing that people seem to enjoy, is prizes... If prizes are donated, beyond just me, then I'll host 'prizes' right after lunch. Prizes must be loosely TI-99 related. I'll donate something, but I can't commit to what that is quite yet. If you want to donate a prize, PM me.

-M@

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far, I've received 1 request for table space. There is plenty more available. I'll meet with some of the usual suspects Friday and confirm their intentions.

We've heard who is not going to be there... how about a shout out from any of you who are planning to attend?

I'm assuming:

ArcadeShopper

ElectricLab - I know he has been doing great things with TIPI...

And we've heard from:

Adamantyr - intends to demo his work on SAMS CRPG

Omega - Will have his portable system setup on display

RXB

(myself) - I'll have a TIPI available to play with, and I'll talk about it

PeteE - using Magellan and IntelliJ IDEA with XDT99

It should be a good group, but there is lots of room for others to join in/add to the fun!

-M@

• Like 2

Do you still need to request table space even if you don't plan to do a demonstration? I figured I'd bring my portable system.

I'm hoping most presentation's can run off my 4A + PEB + SAMS + TIPI setup so we can do direct video capture... So table space and presentations don't need to be related. You can present without table space, but if you have something you want set up throughout the day for people to poke at, or peek at, or whatever, then yes I'll put you down for table space.

-M@

• Like 2

Yes, I'm planning to attend. Put me down for some table space to set up my system and monitor. I intend to do a presentation about using Magellan and IntelliJ IDEA with XDT99, and how I use them with the projects I've been working on. And of course show my progress on the Legend of Tilda. I'll use my laptop for presenting, that should be okay as long as I can produce a HDMI signal?

• Like 1