IGNORED

TI-99/4A Fest West 2018 - Saturday April 28th - Vancouver WA area

jedimatt42

I know there is wifi, but I wouldn't expect TI devices like esp chips, uds-10, or TIPI to work with terms of service portals typically found on public wifi.

But I'm sure we can make something else happen. Worst scenario, we use my phone as a hotspot.

-M@

• Like 1

I know there is wifi, but I wouldn't expect TI devices like esp chips, uds-10, or TIPI to work with terms of service portals typically found on public wifi.

But I'm sure we can make something else happen. Worst scenario, we use my phone as a hotspot.

-M@

Those ToS-first portals typically remember you by authorizing your interface's MAC address after you accept the ToS. You may be able launch lynx from within the TIPI to get satisfy this step. Heck, maybe even from lynx running in a TIPI telnet session? :) If this doesn't work, you could just ssh in on your Linux laptop with X forwarded back to your display, and run Mozilla to do it.

Please pardon me for my not update the location on April 28th. So you are not plan to set up at The Lion Hotel in Woodland ? You changed a new location to Vancouver, WA Public Library , is that right ? What is the address at that public library ? Downtown Vancouver or outside somewhere ?

Correct, as stated in post-#1. We will be at the "Vancouver Community Library"

That is the branch location's formal name. But I guess maybe that can be confusing. Here is the address:

901 C St, Vancouver, WA 98660

-M@

Why move from Lion Hotel to this public library instead ? Any reason why ?

I'm trying to establish a free, repeatable venue. I'd like the event to be sustainable.

Working with a hotel involves making sure they make some money off of us... It wasn't free to the attendees.

-M@

• Like 1

So, I originally thought I'd try and live stream, but I don't think that'll work...

I will have my system setup for demo for anyone to demo from if it is compatible. The room has a huge ( HUUUUGGEEE ) projector and screen! And I will video capture any VGA or HDMI output from my system or from your own, if your demo hardware requirements are 'different'

My system will consist of:

TI-99/4A

Speech

TIPI

PEB {

SAMS

SidMaster99

TIFDC w/80 track mode {

DSK1: gotek hfe (usb thumdrive)

DSK2: 3.5" floppy

}

}

I am happy to 'move aside' if you want to demo off your own gear! No worries... we'll call that 'brief intermition' icon_smile.gif But I cannot capture composite video... so either F18A, my console, or webcam

I'll be using a webcam to capture in sync with the video capture during presentations. I don't plan on doing much if any post-production. Just upload to youtube that night.

If others want to bring your camera gear (I'm talking to you Omega) and record your own footage, we'll make room! I'm also happy to share my footage for the editing inclined.

-M@

• Like 1

Okay, I can take video and integrate your footage in post production. How is the lighting situation? Should I bring lighting gear too?

I don't know about video lighting... gamble or be prepared... your call. There is natural light in the room to our rear left, but I think that was the north side of the building.

-M@