IGNORED

TI-99/4A Fest West 2018 - Saturday April 28th - Vancouver WA area

jedimatt42

There is a loading zone right in front of the library front doors on C st. Approachable heading North I believe.

Parking is in the back, entered from Evergreen. The stairless path (for carts and accessibility) are a little obscured by the shrubs.

When you get off the elevator, head slight-left (so you don't fall down the stairwell)

-M@

• Like 1

I plan on being there for a short time either before or after lunch.

I know sales aren't allowed this time. But I do have some extra stuff available that I can bring (and leave in my car) if anyone would be interested in a trade. I was hoping someone would have the 3d printed cases for the Atari joystick adapter or the 32k sidecar. Like I said, I won't bring this stuff unless someone messages me to do so.

• A silver TI-99/4A with 32K RAM added on to the motherboard.
  • A set of Amiga joysticks for TI.
  • A working, complete motherboard from a a silver TI.
  • Some software on tape.

Here's a picture of my setup -- just to share. It's got the 32K RAM sidecar, a joystick adapter (just came in the mail this week), a FlashROM, and my own home-made composite cable. Perfect for me, and I'm thankful for a lot of the members here that have helped me assemble this.

post-28704-0-22954100-1524930544_thumb.jpg

post-28704-0-27223500-1524930547_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hey All!

Thanks again to all the folkes at the Fest West 2018 for a GREAT FREE EVENT! It was alot of fun and some really helpful information on some "Ti 99 Stuff", like TIPI and RXB 2018.

Sorry we didn't stay to help clean up - we were worried about getting "caught up" in traffic. I hope we can be more helpful next year.

Once again...Great Show! And, thanks especially to JediMatt for being kinda the "master-of-ceremonies"

Jt (and Michelle)

• Like 5

It was a good turnout... 14 people I believe.

Hopefully we'll be able to repeat this next year. Security only stopped by once.

I had fun. Sorry we lost Omega early.

Thanks to Rasmus for making Flying Shark!

----

Videos are online now: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtV2wEf7lqbWuFf3iMkd_bfQNyexNUQZH

I have to apologize to Rich: Somehow in the beginning of your segment was a tiny 38k video file... I suspect the recording failed, or I double clicked when I shouldn't have... anyway, I noticed eventually...

Rich recently posted his own videos of the same material earlier in this thread! Take a look!

During lunch my video capture device gave up video pass-thru capability... So the last 3 videos are just from a web-cam pointing at the projection... not ideal.

----

Thanks to everyone that attended!

-M@

• Like 4

Looks like it was a great event! I noticed the picture of Legend of Tilda- will it be available (or is it available)? My family loves Zelda. I never imagined that those kind of games would be possible on a 99. Did PeteE do the graphics in Magellan? My 8 year old and 5 year old sons have been having a blast with Magellan Nothing to compare with Tilda or Flying Shark, but its cool to show them the kind of things that can be done.

EDIT: Just noticed the Tilda sign said in development- sorry!

Edited by DuaneAL
  • Like 1

Looks like it was a great event! I noticed the picture of Legend of Tilda- will it be available (or is it available)? My family loves Zelda. I never imagined that those kind of games would be possible on a 99. Did PeteE do the graphics in Magellan? My 8 year old and 5 year old sons have been having a blast with Magellan Nothing to compare with Tilda or Flying Shark, but its cool to show them the kind of things that can be done.

The newly posted YouTube PeteE @ Festwest 2018 presentation video confirms your suspicion regarding Tilda graphics via Magellan.

https://youtu.be/GepAQnNPZ8k

Just launched Flying Shark last night for the first time. Excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Airshack
  • Like 1