IGNORED

Book?

Do you want to see this as a book?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see this as a book?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

• 2 months later...

I ordered the book from Lulu and I'm happy to read the Newbie-sessions on paper instead of staring at my screen. And for the price you pay this is an excellent deal!

Some minor issues:

• The images at the start of sessions 14 and 18 are cut off. I think it makes sense to rotate those 90 degrees so they fit on the page.
  • The printed color palettes in session 11 don't make much sense as the book is B/W only. Maybe better to leave them out.
  • Session 25 (Advanced time-slicing) is missing, which I found a real interesting session.

Anyone got the source document containing the combined sessions? If so, I could make some changes and upload a v2 version to Lulu.com.

Note: I found a link to a word document on this thread, but that doesn't contain any images.

Cheers,

Dion

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

FYI: I just published a revised version of the book "Atari 2600 Programming for Newbies" on Lulu.com. It's only $4.69.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/andrew-davie/atari-2600-programming-for-newbies-revised-edition/paperback/product-23644281.html

The revised book has these improvements:

• added page numbers
  • better formatting of text, assembly code and images (no more images are cut off)
  • contains the additional post "Session 25: Advanced Timeslicing" from 2012
  • addendum with the 6502 opcodes
  • a nice cover with Andrew's avatar on the back

Read more in this post: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/278820-atari-2600-programming-for-newbies-the-book/

Cheers!

--Dion

Edited by Dionoid
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...