IGNORED

Catch-Up Round for Arcadia 2001 High Score Club: Season 1, Round 7

ballyalley

Season 1, Round 7 of the Arcadia 2001/MPT-03 High Score Club will last about two weeks. This round ends on Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 10pm MST (aka Monday, 2am GMT). The next game was going to be Space Vultures, but then I remembered that we still have not had a catch-up round. In this catch-up round, you can play any game that was played during rounds 1-6 and post your scores in this thread. Note, although rounds one and two of this HSC were only posted about on the Arcadia Yahoo group, those two games are fair to play here in the AtariAge foums.

If you've never visited to Arcadia Yahoo group, you can find it here (note that you must be a member in order to read messages there):

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/arcadia2001consoles/info

There are no chances to score bonus points in this round; simply play for high scores. Here are the games we've played so far:

S1, R1: Cat Trax - Cat Trax, a maze game similar to Pac-Man. Read more about this Cat Trax on the Arcadia group here: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/arcadia2001consoles/conversations/messages/2556

S1, R2: Space Attack - Space Attack, a "slide and shoot" game, similar to Galaxian. Read more about this Space Attack on the Arcadia group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/arcadia2001consoles/conversations/messages/2586

S1, R3: Escape - You have to play this game a few times in order to "get" its design, which is similar looking to Berzerk, but rather different once you get into the nitty-gritty of the game. Read more about this Escape here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271509-arcadia-2001mpt-03-high-score-club-round-3-escape/

S1, R4: Funky Fish - Funky Fish is an unreleased game (in the United States) for the Emerson Arcadia 2001. It is a home port of a hard-to-find arcade game released in 1981 by Sun Electronics. Read more about this Funky Fish here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271841-arcadia-2001mpt-03-high-score-club-round-4-funky-fish/

S1, R5: Space Raiders - Space Raiders is a side-scrolling game, a bit like Defender… except there is no one to defend except yourself. Although Space Raiders has a generic title and also has semi-generic gameplay, the game itself is fun. Read more about this Space Raiders here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/272260-space-raiders-for-arcadia-2001-high-score-club-season-1-round-5/

S1, R6: Brain Quiz - Brain Quiz contains three educational/math-type games: Mindbreaker (Mastermind), Maxit (pretty fun!), and Hangman. Read more about this Brain Quiz here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/272810-brain-quiz-for-arcadia-2001-high-score-club-season-1-round-6

If you haven't played in the Arcadia High Score club, then now is the perfect chance to jump in and have fun!

Adam

What were the recommended settings for the first two?

Thanks for asking this question, "Tempest." This spurred me to create a thread with the original posting for round 1's Arcadia HSC game, Cat Trax, which you can read here on the AtariAge forums:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273403-cat-trax-for-arcadia-2001-high-score-club-season-1-round-1/

The gameplay options for Cat Trax are to play the game on its default settings:

Game 1 - Warp and gates available

Option 1 - Three tunnel exits on each side of the screen.

The above link to the original thread, now reposted in the AtariAge forums, give full game details, pictures and rules. I'll try to repost the rules for the second round's game, Space Attack, today.

I think that Cat Trax is one of the Arcadia 2001's best games. Even if you're not going to post a score for this game, then try it anyway: it's quite fun!

Adam

I must be missing something here [in Space Attack] as that fuel gauge depletes waaaay too fast. Tough game.

No, you're not missing anything: the fuel gauge ruins this Galaxian-type shooter. If Space Attack was a game for the arcades, then I'd understand why it was included (to make the game suck-up quarters), but since it's a home game, the fuel gauge should not have been included.

Adam

What were the recommended settings for [Space Attack]?

I created a thread with the original posting for round 2's Arcadia HSC game, Space Attack, which you can read here on the AtariAge forums:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/273405-space-attack-for-arcadia-2001-high-score-club-season-1-round-2/

There are no Space Attack gameplay options. Simply turn the game on and start to play it. That's easy enough, right?

The above link is to the original Space Attack thread, which is now reposted in the AtariAge forums. There you'll find full game details, pictures and rules. You'll also find notes about bugs and in-depth game information that was discovered as we played Space Attack.

I have wanted to repost these first two Arcadia HSC threads to AtariAge for a couple of months. I'm glad that I finally did it today.

Adam

would you mind posting the current high score for each game here?

This took me a while to do, but Mark's request makes plenty of sense. Here is where we all stand for total points (including bonus points) for Rounds 1-6:

1. James Jacobs 60
  2. BallyAlley 56
  3. Mark Canon 37
  4. Tempest 33
  5. Skylar Canon 22
  6. Christopher Tompkins 12
  7. Chris++ 10
  8. Darrin9999 14
  9. Milo Canon 14

It's possible that I'm confused with some people's AtariAge handles and their names. If I've got you on the above list more than one (under a different names, handle or alias) than let me know.

I'm doing all of this adding by hand. For season 2, I need to work out a system to use a spreadsheet to do these totals semi-automatically.

Here are how rounds 1-6 break down with high scores and bonus points. If you want to catch-up or beat anyone on the above list then it's the lists below that will help you most. You don't have to beat these scores to earn bonus points, but if you do, then you'll be in first place (10 points) for that round.

Round 1: Cat Trax - Mark Canon - 60,000

Round 2: Space Attack - James Jacobs - 12,460

Round 3: Escape - Chris++ - 12,170

Round 4: Funky Fish - Tempest - 112,275

Round 5: Space Raiders - James Jacobs - 4,160

Round 6: Brain Quiz - Ballyalley and Tempest - 10

Note: Round 6 was a participation-only round. Maximum points were earned for playing all three games (and Hangman with two players).

Top Scores for Rounds 1-6

Here are the final high scores for each of the six rounds. This doesn't include bonus points, which are included in the final tables. Note that I won't keep these scores and/or tables current as the catch-up round progress, but (of course) I'll figure-out the final scores after this season ends.

Round 1: Cat Trax Scores

Mark Canon 60,000 (NTSC)

James Jacobs 37,960 (PAL)

Milo Canon 27,940 (NTSC)

Adam Trionfo 22,400 (NTSC)

Christopher Tompkins 21,400 (NTSC)

Skylar Canon 17,700 (NTSC)

Round 2: Space Attack Scores

James Jacobs 12,460 (PAL)

Adam Trionfo 9,120 (NTSC)

Mark Canon 8,960 (NTSC)

Skylar Canon 8,560 (NTSC)

Milo Canon 4,800 (NTSC)

Round 3: Escape Scores

Chris++ 12,170

Mark Canon 10,640

James Jacobs 9,750

BallyAlley 7,110

Christopher 3,870

Round 4: Funky Fish Scores

Tempest 112,275

Skylar 91,225

James Jacobs 90,125

Darrin9999 61,800

Mark Cannon 64,825

BallyAlley 44,925

Round 5: Space Raiders Scores

James Jacobs 4,160

Tempest 2,885

Ballyalley 2,195

Darrin9999 1,615

Round 6: Brain Quiz Scores

This was a participation round; there were no "proper" scores. Playing the three games earned points like this: Mindbreaker = 3 Points, Maxit = 3 Points, Hangman ("One-player") = 2 Points and Hangman (Two-player) = 4 Points

Ballyalley 3 + 3 + 4 = 10

Tempest 3 + 3 + 4 = 10

James Jacobs 3 + 3 + 2 = 8

Final Rounds (Including bonus points)

Round 1: Cat Trax (Final Table)

1st Mark Canon 60,000 (NTSC) 10 points

2nd James Jacobs 37,960 (PAL) 9 points

3rd Milo Canon 27,940 (NTSC) 8 points

4th Adam Trionfo 22,400 (NTSC) 7 points

5th Christopher Tompkins 21,400 (NTSC) 6 points

6th Skylar Canon 17,700 (NTSC) 5 points

Round 2: Space Attack (Final Table)

1st Adam Trionfo 9 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 12 points !@#

2nd James Jacobs 10 + 0 + 1 + 0 = 11 points @

3rd Mark Canon 8 + 0 + 1 + 0 = 9 points @

4th Skylar Canon 7 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 7 points

5th Milo Canon 6 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 6 points

Round 3: Escape (Final Table)

1st Mark Canon 9 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 11 points !$

2nd Chris++ 10 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10 points

2nd BallyAlley 7 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 = 8 points #

3rd James Jacobs 8 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 8 points

4th Christopher 6 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 6 points

Round 4: Funky Fish (Final Table)

1st Tempest 10 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 = 13 points -@$%-

2nd Skylar 9 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10 points -@---

3rd James Jacobs 8 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 9 points -@---

4th BallyAlley 5 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 = 8 points -@-$%

5th Darrin9999 7 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 7 points -----

5th Mark Cannon 6 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 7 points -@---

Round 5: Space Raiders (Final Table)

1st James Jacobs 10 + 0 + 1 + 0 = 11 Points -@-

2nd Tempest 9 + 0 + 1 + 0 = 10 Points -@-

3rd Ballyalley 8 + 0 + 1 + 0 = 9 Points -@-

4th Darrin9999 7 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 7 Points ---

Round 6: Brain Quiz (Final Table)

Ballyalley 3 + 3 + 4 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 = 12 Points !@-$---*(-

James Jacobs 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 = 12 Points !@#-%-&-()

Tempest 3 + 3 + 4 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 10 Points !@-$------

Based on this information, you may be able to decide which games would benefit you the most to play in order to move up in the ranking.

Good luck, everyone!

Adam

• Like 1

Ok new Space Attack score: 12,010

space2.JPG

Cat Trax: 19,060

cat.JPG

Am I missing something in Cat Trax? Those warp thingies never replenish and constantly get put out into the maze to pick up as points. Isn't there any way to save them or get new ones? The potions (fish or whatever) replenish every round.

• 3 weeks later...

Two people (Darrin9999 and Tempest) submitted catch-up scores for round 7:

Space Attack Tempest 12,010
Space Attack Darrin9999 6,110

Escape Tempest 15,140
Escape Darrin9999 17,440

Cat Trax Tempest 19,060
Cat Trax Darrin9999 25,580

I'll figure these into the final scores and close season one of the Arcadia High Score Club today. When I've created that thread, then I'll post a link to it here.

Adam