IGNORED

AMenard

thegoldenband

Bought an Apple IIe Platinum and peripherals from AMenard for a very reasonable price, and the transaction was a positive experience in every way. He was helpful, kind, quick to respond, and easy to work with. I was able to pick the system up in person, and it was a pleasure to meet him.

I now have a beautiful Apple IIe setup of the kind that, as a child, I could only dream about having, and it's all thanks to AMenard. Very highly recommended!

• 5 months later...

AMenard sent me a working Dreamcast for the price of shipping! Giving it to a friend who had a Dreamcast when he was younger (it was his favorite console). He's super excited to get it!

Thanks again!

Pleasure was all mine, really.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ummm... I am going to have to backtrack on the previous feedback left. I *thought* the C64 I got was in superb condition until I started really using it....and then when I opened it I was in for a bigger surprise. 

I am so used to just getting "good" stuff here on AtariAge over the years that after I connected it and powered it on (and it appeared to work) I left a great feedback. I should not have done that until I gave it a real test drive.

Well, after a few days of playing games (or trying to) on the machine I noticed games would do weird things. Lock up at the title screen, crash to basic, sometimes work...just random weirdness. I opened the machine to find some interesting things. The motherboard was held down by ONE screw for starters. I know someone had been in here (assuming the someone is the seller) to add heatsinks to the chips, but why would you leave the board attached to the case by ONE screw? The thing was just floating around.

Then I noticed bigger problems. The board PCB was obviously subjected by some kind of water or liquid damage. There are bubbled "veins" all over the surface of the PCB. I decided to remove the board and source another, and the one I sourced did not come with a SID or PLA so I figured maybe I would salvage these from this disaster.

Well, no. The SID does work (thankfully) but the PLA upon further inspection is melted on one side. 

This machine was advertised as "working in great condition", but ended up being mostly trash (the case was salvaged (and that was dirty as sin I found later when cleaning it) , and the keyboard) and the seller has not logged in here for almost a month.

I have not only made attempts to contact him through AA, but also through the email attached to my paypal payment. Now I have had no choice but to file a claim. Just respond and we can hopefully work this out!

Not happy at all.

Edited by eightbit