IGNORED

EPOCH/YENO SUPER CASSETTE VISION

sprazzi

So we are up to five? Anybody else?

Winter is lurking nearby and a warm soldering iron is good for getting warm fingers again. ?

I think I'm going to order some SCART-cables and some DIN-Connectors soon. 

Maybe we can organize shipping in a cheaper way, if I put all US-bound cables into one box and you dispatch nationally. Probably shipping within the US is cheaper? What do you think? DHL tracked parcels from Germany to US are currently charged with something like US$15.

-Rolo

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Super Cassette Lady Vision + 26 boxed games listed on eBay for $6209.90 (yes, you read that right - just over six thousand dollars).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194500388155

* Operation unconfirmed

* Due to aging, the cord and a part of the surface of the main body are melted and scratched.

Ladies' set of Epoch's game machine "Super Cassette Vision".
I don't know if it will work now because there is no TV that can display it.
Please treat it as junk.

Operation cannot be guaranteed for 26 game cassettes as they cannot be checked for operation.

As one of the collections
Also, why not buy one who knows how to repair?

Sure, it is a rare edition of a uncommon console with an entire (?) collection of boxed games but the price is hefty to say the least. In particular if you consider that the standard SCV just a handful of years ago was one of the cheapest to collect for - in line with 2600 - with the exception for some of the top of the line games. I know that the market has changed a lot recently but still... If the console was in very good condition, tested working I almost could see a figure perhaps around $2000-$3000. Then again the seller does take offers so possibly it is available at a far lower price than the one set.

• 3 weeks later...

This is great news. The library could use some new titles! 

Sorry no progress in making the SCART cables. I had to many non-retro things going on the last couple of weeks. I had no real motivation to sit down and solder things...

:)

• 3 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Yosikuma said:

So dumb question: there seem to be a few homebrews for the system. Is there a flash media solution or something in order to play these games on actual hardware?

All of the games are available on carts from here: https://team-europe.blogspot.com/2021/04/super-cassette-vision-project-finished.html

They work well for me.

The complete set (from the website):

20210421_153734.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, I don't know the wiring of the Famicom controllers, but in the end, there is not much inside the SCV-controllers, except switches and two diodes. You could attach almost any joystick with a little bit of modification. Maybe you really check out the post mentioned above to see how it works.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:10 PM, Yosikuma said:

As seen here:

https://www.jauce.com/auction/p1038814095

I have seen here and there, several SCV systems with Super Famicom controllers swapped into the system. Does anyone know about these? How would one go about doing this without spending $200+ to get a new system?

The Super Famicom controller uses a really basic serial connection with 3 wires (Latch in, Clock in, Data out) like so:

image.png.7887d5f5d604ca73985795b88e3a5d42.png

Based on https://atariage.com/forums/topic/315672-super-cassette-vision-detachable-joysticks/ it looks like the SCV uses a sort of keyboard matrix for its controllers (6 pairs for each controller). A microcontroller or a few chips could break the SNES data into parallel lines going into something like an 8-channel analog switch to short the 5 SCV controller wires. Should be a simple enough electronics project!