IGNORED

Jr Pac Man Players Club

PacChamp

I think we need to have all the top Atari pros give this game it's proper due on their bucket lists. I want the world title but staunch competition is good for us all...I figure 100k should do it.

What do you all think? Is 100k even possible and is this the most pertinent record on the console and one of the top records in console gaming history? This version is more difficult than the arcade?

Another governing body is needed...like Highscore.com or here t AtariAge...however, with video evidence no governing body needed really.

I would like to clear the first three tables without losing a life. Then wing it from there. The ghosts are incessantly insufferable.

Console records have no dipswitch manipulation that's the appeal of these records for me. No arcade operator ramping up the difficulty to steal my dough...even the pinball tables at my local arcade are fixed...very easy to do.

I'd like to see Todd's Jr Pac and his Stargate or any other top legend for that matter.

Why? Just because you can't do it?

No, my opinion on that score has nothing to do with me or my skill. I said it feels wrong to me because a. no one else has ever come even 1/3 as close (on TG at least), b. it was validated by referee and as we know, TG's referees haven't always been completely honest in the past, and c. TG in general has been found to have honest errors such as typos when entering scores.

Depends on how it was verified, but yes it is. However, my opinion on the matter is pretty meaningless so no worries! No need to get defensive.

Do you believe that Todd Rogers actually scored 65,000,000 on Atari 5200 Centipede when the next highest is 58,000? With hindsight, we now know that a lot of the "old guard" at Twin Galaxies cheated, fudged, colluded and even outright lied to get their world records recognized. We know that (at least for a while) Todd was able to enter his own scores onto the leaderboards. Sometimes players would enter impossibly high scores to dissuade anyone from ever attempting to break the record and that's exactly what could have happened with 2600 Jr. Pac-Man.

Depends on how it was verified, but yes it is.

You find it questionable based on the score alone. If you do a little research you'll see that there's a video of the game play and it was also verified by Record Setter.

https://recordsetter.com/world-record/highest-score-star-castle-vectrex/17612

No need to get defensive.

Do you believe that Todd Rogers actually scored 65,000,000 on Atari 5200 Centipede when the next highest is 58,000?

I'm defensive cuz I'm a little tired of every great score being suspect. I DO question Todd Rogers' Centipede score because there are other scores documented where he got e.g. 3,000,000 10,000,000 whatever. I was told "Todd is such a good player he can end the game on an even score."

In this particular instance there are two Jr. Pac-Man scores verified by a referee on the same day. Most likely this was during some kind of competition. If the other player is still active in the scene one could probably ask him to vouch for the score. The best way to have a score verified is to do it live and adjudicated by a referee.

I've played in arcade tournaments and have watched great players put up scores that I couldn't fathom otherwise. But I saw the performance with my own two eyes. And yes I've seen guys put up 50 million while the second place score is like 100K. It's possible.

All this aside, my quest for 100k shall continue...can't wait to hear what the chipnoise sounds like at the beginning of level 20?, always loved the starting tunes on levels 1-3...does the music get more intricate after that!?

I will of course have video evidence.... would like a 25 minute run at least before posting maybe.

Come on...Wilson Oyama is one of the most in-form Pac players on God's green earth...and that dude is lucky to get 12 minutes.

I have a score of over 630k on a ms pac arcade (albeit about 20 years ago ??????) and that little kid keeps kicking my ass...he is f$@&.!? GROUNDED for two weeks...and NO Atari either...just books and stuff...???