IGNORED

Defender 2/Stargate dificulty

PacChamp

There's 100 waves according to the manual but I'm beginning to think, not unlike Jr Pac Man, that this is some kinda sick programmer inside joke at Atari. Am I waiting my time...I'm even using all the buttons on one controller lmao??

The game is pure eye candy and brilliance and a prominent title that has 8 bit feel. Im so confused...

The game calls for using both joysticks...it's tough with all modalities programmed to one MadCatz controller.

You can always default to the button for something special but I think the game came out to late and they didn't care because of the crash and the NES..think it needed further play testing but it is a friggin gem nonetheless. I'd like to get a world-class score on this cart but would be emulation more than likely to consolidate the controls.

I'm a high-scorer on the Coleco Vision which I think was a terrific port maybe I need to attack this game differently. With two sticks I would imagine getting a legendary score is somewhat an exercise in futility, folly, and farce.

Dude wtf with the triple posting?

Defender ColecoVision can be marathoned so it's no comparison.

I use the Edladdin Twin 7800 controller to play Stargate on the 2600. Check it out if you haven't.

I think that Defender II is a great technical achievement, but I find the control scheme completely unusable. I suppose it may be a bit better with the joysticks mounted to something, but having to drop the primary controller to activate the other features just makes the game unplayable for me.

I doubt that I have ever passed Wave 2 without being completely wiped-out.

Trackball on the floor with foot...that is genius.

I know u can warp 4 levels at a time carrying 4 humanoids through the StarGate but after level 10 I don't believe you can do it anymore.

Maybe on original hardware the Landers aren't so ramped and juiced up so soon. I think the Genesis version also played lightning quick.