retroillucid

Sydney Hunter Part.2

Did you really think it was over?

Sydney Hunter will makes its returns in a brand new adventure!

- Direct sequel to Sacred Tribe!
- Twice bigger and badder!
- More features!
- More enemies!
- More music!
- More everything!

Release date: When it's done

**Works in progress

Wow, that looks incredible!!  I would love to have the time to break down that picture into character graphics to see how it was composed. 

Can we see more screenshot?  This one is so nice!!!!  I want more!!! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I've already started working on the INtv version ;)

Awesome news! I really love this character and cant wait to see the continuing adventures of Sydney.

If that can help you 

I've got a lot to learn about programming on the CV and Adam.  I'm just learning how to change the foreground and background colors on custom fonts (in groups of 8 characters)...never mind having 4 colors per character.  Is that the limit, or is it two colors per *line* per character (so potentially 16 colors in a character)?  So much to learn...

I've got a lot to learn about programming on the CV and Adam.  I'm just learning how to change the foreground and background colors on custom fonts (in groups of 8 characters)...never mind having 4 colors per character.  Is that the limit, or is it two colors per *line* per character (so potentially 16 colors in a character)?  So much to learn...

He's using sprites for Sydney and the crocs. Each sprite is only one color, so you have to superimpose multiple sprites to get those kinds of result.

I think the yellow whip is a little too much though. With a limit of only 4 sprites per scanline, I think that whip is going to induce a lot of flicker, especially when enemy sprites align themselves vertically with Sydney...

I think the yellow whip is a little too much though. With a limit of only 4 sprites per scanline, I think that whip is going to induce a lot of flicker, especially when enemy sprites align themselves vertically with Sydney...

Indeed, I might have to change it 

It will works exactly like in Cabbage Patch Kids - Adventures in the Park

With the background you put on the picture , you will need to do the rope with sprites (at least partially).    In Cabbage Patch Kids the background is full black ,but i don't know if they used sprites or characters

With the background you put on the picture , you will need to do the rope with sprites (at least partially).    In Cabbage Patch Kids the background is full black ,but i don't know if they used sprites or characters

Very true
I'll need to change the background to black for those areas with a swingning rope

No sprite, only CHR for Cabbage as you can see with my emulator

Edited by alekmaul

I'm now done with the main design 
It's now time for the level design! :) 

The game is going to be titled:  Sydney Hunter & The Quintana Roo 

Yeah, I know there's Quest for Quintana Roo but it has nothing to do with it  ;)