IGNORED

Can't get Casette Programs to load via Smartphone or Computer.

RockyRaccoon

Hello! I recently got a CoCo 1 and have been trying to get it load programs via a Cassette cable I bought off Ebay.

Here's how it goes:

I load the .wav file onto the device. I get the wav files from here: http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Cassettes/Games/

I connect the device via the cable to the device.

I type 'CLOAD' (or CLOADM, as applicable) and then that little prompt in the corner comes up. I press play. It blinks. It gets the correct name of the program. It appears to be loading. The recording stops. The little light blinks: 'OK' it says.

Now when I type 'Run', nothing happens.

I type 'List' and there's no program loaded.

It's like it wasn't loading anything at all. :-/.

What's going on? How can I potentially fix it?

I've tried various volume levels but that doesn't seem to matter. I KNOW it's loading /something/ because it's detecting the name of the program while it loads. :-/.

I used a cassette-based Coco for many years (I never upgraded to disk), and I have never encountered this problem. Weird.

I would suggest increasing the volume, but since it is reading the header information/file title, that is probably not the problem.

It shows S in the top-left corner of the screen while searching the tape, followed by an F when it eventually finds your title.

There is also the SKIPF command that will check that a file is written to tape correctly, but will not load it into memory. (The EDASM+ cartridge thoughtfully renames this command VERIFY.)

You have probably tried this, but for a machine language program, uses EXEC to start it.

• Like 1