IGNORED

A little something for the holidays…

Starcat

Hey everybody,

Here is a little something from Starcat Devocean for you to enjoy.

I present: »HalMock FurBall – Sink or Swim« for the Atari Jaguar.
Featuring:
– Cartoony graphics
– Fun one-button space hamster action
– EEPROM highscore saving (if device supports it)

screen-300x266.png

The game is designed to run from RAM, so you need Virtual Jaguar (Alpine mode), a Skunkboard or similar dev kit or convert the game using Jiffi into a format you can use.
Enjoy! http://www.starcat-dev.de

• Like 20

I have seen the game can be picky on some Jaguars (usually before the first wave of levels though) and not get futher, but for me it was never reproducable when or why it happened.

Retrying always fixed things for me. What setup do you have? I assume it's NTSC, K or M? Standard console with skunkboard or modified in some way?

Yes, I figured people outside of the community might find the included VJ useful. ;)

I hope you still get to play and enjoy it. :)

• Like 1

I have seen the game can be picky on some Jaguars (usually before the first wave of levels though) and not get futher, but for me it was never reproducable when or why it happened.

Retrying always fixed things for me. What setup do you have? I assume it's NTSC, K or M? Standard console with skunkboard or modified in some way?

Yes, I figured people outside of the community might find the included VJ useful. ;)

I hope you still get to play and enjoy it. :)

NTSC, Skunkboard Rev 3, Model M

@nicolaspersijn: Yes, it came with the Sound player. ;) Then again I think it fits nicely and I credited the creator. So it stays until there is something better to replace it.

@Felyx: You are welcome. Have fun!

@Clint: Do you also have a K series you could test with? Other than that I'm using the same setup.

• 4 weeks later...

Displays title screen and quickly goes to a blue screen. I have a PAL jaguar with the new Rev.3 skunkboard from Poland. Not sure if it is model M or model K. Will have to try it in virtual jaguar instead.

What Dev environment are you using? Is it made with the Removers C library?

• 2 months later...

@joeyaage: Hmm. Please look on the back of your Jaguar. Is there a K or M near the serial number?

I'm using my own dev environment, but sadly so far I have not discovered what causes instabilities between different Jag setups.

I'm using PAL and NTSC K series with a skunkboard. In a few rare cases I had the blank screen problem, but couldn't reproduce what's causing it yet.

If you're using Virtual Jaguar it should work fine.