IGNORED

Atari Invasion 2k18

SenorRossie

All,

With the holidays almost over, it's time to look ahead... In a few weeks, on February 17th to be precise, we will take over 'het Trefpunt' in Maarssen (NL) again.

Preparations are ongoing, like our raspberry pi powered hardware slideshows that will be installed in our small museum cabinet: post-39196-0-65260600-1514312081.jpg

There is plenty of space to play games on retro, modern and home-brew hardware. We will show classic and modern demos during the event on several systems. Speaking of demos, we have some space reserved for the makers among us so they can take the stage and show everyone their product(s). If everything works out, our time at the invasion can be put to good use by preserving tape and disk software.

Want to join in on the fun as part of the crew, let us known. If you just want to take a look around, we will be in 'het Trefpunt' all day. Doors open at 10.00 and close at 16.00.

See you there!
The Atari Invasion team
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

All,

With a bit more than two weeks before our invasion, a quick reminder for the Dutch crowd that they too can join in on the fun.

For those unable to attend, we plan to record the event with at least two time-lapse cameras. Recordings will be made available, check our website for announcements. We already put some pre party pictures on our FlickR space.

Although plans do change, this is what we think we'll have available on the 17th:

• Museum Rack (4 shelves of Atari hardware)
  • Display Cabinet (filled with home brew and other goodies)
  • Library (Binders (with ads, articles, newsletters, etc.), Encyclopedia, Books, Magazines (old and new) and the Paper Foldables)
  • Podcast station (Listen to the Atari related podcasts on Site)
  • Preservation station (Live (cassette) preservation)
  • Demo area
  • Gaming area
  • Modern area (FPGA, Emulation, etc)
  • Staging area (Where home brewers can show their latest products (or beta versions))
  • an 'Atari eXperience Location' where we plan to have a complete and working line of XL hardware setup (Computer + peripherals).

As always, the info-beamer presentation has been updated with new content. We are still going over the list of items we intend to bring - we hope to receive The!Cart in time for the invasion ;) - but rest assured, the place will be covered with Atari stuff everywhere you look!

We hope to see you there,

The Atari Invasion team

P.S. If you want us to display or promote your product(s), get in touch.

Edited by SenorRossie

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning (local time),

The Invasion was once again a big success. With the help of all involved we started the invasion early on Saturday morning at 8.45am, when the first Invader arrived at 'het Trefpunt'. It was not before long that he was joined by others and the buildup could take off. By the time the club meeting started (at around 10.00am) the allocated space was completely filled with our equipment.

At the end of the meeting (approximately 11.00am), we were mostly setup, although some were still unpacking stuff. IvoC had brought prototypes of his SNES2Joy and MIDI Muse projects. Level42 joined us and brought an NTSC 800XL with a prototype of his new project, a switchable Antic. Nir also briefly joined, but had family business to attend so couldn't stay as long as he wanted. The new MISTer system he brought could not be shown in full, unfortunately. At 3.00pm we started packing, but it wasn't before 4.15pm that we finally left 'het Trefpunt' in the state we found it in this morning.

The after party at the local Italian diner was a fitting end of another successful invasion event and at 18.30pm we parted ways. Like previous years we agreed to meet again before the next Invasion, if it will happen this year, only time will tell.

You can find pictures of the event in our FlickR album. A quick impression in moving pictures is available here: 40278741122_e452196f6a_z.jpgTimelampe

post-39196-0-83410900-1518939416_thumb.jpg
The museum rack

post-39196-0-65746000-1518939435_thumb.jpg
Falcon030, 65XE and 7800

post-39196-0-89301100-1518939453_thumb.jpg
Atari 400, Atari 800, 260ST and boxed items
(partly visible: 1050,1030)

post-39196-0-02872300-1518939466_thumb.jpg
Retrobrighted Mega STE and boxed items

post-39196-0-77921700-1518939479_thumb.jpg
800XL with Prototype MIDI Muse and SNES2Joy (not visible)

post-39196-0-28387300-1518939505_thumb.jpg
Another view of our museum rack

post-39196-0-45626200-1518939692_thumb.jpg
Home-brew hardware

post-39196-0-29550400-1518939705_thumb.jpg
Multicarts, 2600 mods and more

Edited by CPUWIZ
  • Like 9

That looked AMAZING.....Congratulations to ALL involved, its so good to see our old machines being celebrated in such a big way..

Thanks. Even though it's just a hobby, we take our invasions VERY seriously.

Wish I could have been there but those days are done..

Luckily we have modern means of documenting (high resolution film and photographs plus (high speed) Internet) the event, so you can get a feel of the environment right at home.

I think I speak for everyone involved when I say it was a pleasure and we enjoyed doing it.

By the way, the next Invasion will most likely be our return to Centre for Computing History in Cambridge (UK). Although we haven't booked our tickets just yet!

Regards,

Senor Rossie

Wow! That was big! Nice production!

Great collection of homebrew hardware.

Thanks, it did take more time to unload than anticipated ;)

The 2600 VCS with a keyboard in the rack surprised me. Universum,,, I never knew it.

The 2600 you see is a stock 2600 light sixer. Universum is a PAL (German I believe) release of the CompuMate keyboard for the 2600, see this thread and the WikiPedia page on the compumate. I would have loved to fully demo the unit, but there was already enough to see and experience :)

Kind regards,

Senor Rossie

• Like 1

Was great fun again! Thanks to all the invaders who helped to make this event happen for the 3rd time.

Special thanks to SenorRossie for the organisation, decoration and lots of Atari stuff on display. Very cool :)

Speaking of thanks, I completely forgot to thank the HCC Commodore sig, better known as Commodore Club Nederland, for their continued support and making space available to us!

Finally made it after missing 2 years !!! :)

It was fun indeed......too bad I didn't bring my iPad-video adapter and B&O remote control......ah the joy of rushing in packing stuff.....

Nice meeting some new people and some I've only met online yet. Ivo....I wish I had talked a bit more with you about the midi hardware and SNES interface (and try that one !) .....I was planning all the time and before we knew it we were packing our stuff again ! (LOL).

To be honest....the meetings are so successful (Commodore. MSX, Atari) the venue is getting really pretty tight....they might need to go looking for something a bit bigger (a special area for presentations would be awesome, Ivo could have presented his projects, and I mine ;)).....oh well there is always room for improvement but it was fun anyway :)

• Like 3

All,

Last update: All pictures from the Invasion participants have been uploaded and shared on our FlickR space. Nir also uploaded a short video of the event to youtube

The next Invasion may happen sooner than we thought, but we'll create a new topic if there are more details available.

Until next time!

• Like 1