IGNORED

Complete Intellivision Shrinkwarped collection?

CrazyBoss

BBWW is boldly attempting it, but some of the games never originally came shrink-wrapped.

Personally, I prefer games in mint opened condition over sealed for a number of reasons, though I do have a number of sealed games I picked up at the right price. I'm also big on uniformity (collecting subsets in the same style vs mixing variants). Whatever floats your boat :D

• Like 1

I think shrinkwarped versions are even harder to find! They need just the right combination of heat, cold, humidity varying over time -- and strong enough wrap -- to achieve such rarefied status. I think I have a RealSports boxing that's shrinkwarped, but I'd have to go checking for Intellivision. Probably only a few shrinkwarped games that I foolishly opened, increasing their value.

All of the Mattel were shrink-wrapped.

All the Imagic were shrink-wrapped. (At least before Crash)

All of the Activision were shrink-wrapped at some time.

All the USA Coleco Games were not shrink-wrapped in the USA but were for the CBS versions.

All Parker Brothers were shrink-wrapped at some point. They did switch to a cheap hang tag box late.

Nice Ideas' two games were shrink-wrapped.

Interphase's two were shrink-wrapped early on.

Sears Branded games were shrink-wrapped. (The only variant I collect except shrink-wrapped CBS)

AtariSoft Games were shrink-wrapped.

Intellivision Inc games were shrink-wrapped.

INTV games for the most part were not, but were at KayBee Toys and Toys are Us. So if they are shrink-wrapped, with stickers on, I count them. I have most of them now.

There is some discussion about Sega Congo Bongo. I think that was always a toy store shrink-wrap as it had a hang tag I think.

I will never have a Spiker shrink-wrapped. But mine is in pristine shape and could be sold as new.

My Sewer Sam is a posible re-wrap or less than ideal store wrap. It does appear flawless below the wrap.

I am missing a Blockade Runner and a sealed CBS Turbo.

I think I am at 117 or the 125 shrink-wrapped. The Coleco / CBS I do have a sealed/glued NIB USA Turbo so I have a complete set of NIB USA sealed/glued Coleco.

A sealed Blockade Runner or CBS Turbo will be rewarded handsomely for.

We still have no definitive CMart Certified shrink-wrap list.

• Like 3

That would be some party! LOL Its tough having two of everything. LOL

I only have one shrink-wrapped Demo Cart. The Green Version. LOL

Call me when you have all 125 and are ready to open them all up.

• Like 1

Do we know if any of the following were shrink-wrapped?

• Demo cartridges
  • Keyboard Component
  • KC BASIC cartridge
  • KC blank tapes
  • KC software tapes
  • Many boxed joystick add-ons such as the Stickler, Distick, The Controller, et
  • Wico Command Control
  • PlayCable
  • 35mm film preview/advertisement (runs 2 minutes)
  • In-Store Demo station
  • Cardboard store display stands

Note: I know the Pringles cans that had the Intellivision contest were sealed since the plastic seal -is- the collectable item.

Do we know if any of the following were shrink-wrapped?

• Demo cartridges
  • Keyboard Component
  • KC BASIC cartridge
  • KC blank tapes
  • KC software tapes
  • Many boxed joystick add-ons such as the Stickler, Distick, The Controller, et
  • Wico Command Control
  • PlayCable
  • 35mm film preview/advertisement (runs 2 minutes)
  • In-Store Demo station
  • Cardboard store display stands
Note: I know the Pringles cans that had the Intellivision contest were sealed since the plastic seal -is- the collectable item.

Keyboard components came boxed, and the component itself was in a big plastic bag inside. Unsure if the bag was sealed. KC games were shrinkwrapped; Intellivision Productions has a couple.

All of the Mattel were shrink-wrapped.

All the Imagic were shrink-wrapped. (At least before Crash)

All of the Activision were shrink-wrapped at some time.

All the USA Coleco Games were not shrink-wrapped in the USA but were for the CBS versions.

All Parker Brothers were shrink-wrapped at some point. They did switch to a cheap hang tag box late.

Nice Ideas' two games were shrink-wrapped.

Interphase's two were shrink-wrapped early on.

Sears Branded games were shrink-wrapped. (The only variant I collect except shrink-wrapped CBS)

AtariSoft Games were shrink-wrapped.

Intellivision Inc games were shrink-wrapped.

INTV games for the most part were not, but were at KayBee Toys and Toys are Us. So if they are shrink-wrapped, with stickers on, I count them. I have most of them now.

There is some discussion about Sega Congo Bongo. I think that was always a toy store shrink-wrap as it had a hang tag I think.

I will never have a Spiker shrink-wrapped. But mine is in pristine shape and could be sold as new.

My Sewer Sam is a posible re-wrap or less than ideal store wrap. It does appear flawless below the wrap.

I am missing a Blockade Runner and a sealed CBS Turbo.

I think I am at 117 or the 125 shrink-wrapped. The Coleco / CBS I do have a sealed/glued NIB USA Turbo so I have a complete set of NIB USA sealed/glued Coleco.

A sealed Blockade Runner or CBS Turbo will be rewarded handsomely for.

We still have no definitive CMart Certified shrink-wrap list.

I actually have a shrink-wrapped Spiker and is the only one I have ever seen for sale. The previous owner told me that he had purchased it from a vendor named TeleGames USA in 1990 and was unsure if the vendor had actually been the one to shrinkwrap it or if they had received it from INTV as such... my thought is must have been the TeleGames vendor based on what I've read in former threads but perhaps not (?).

• Like 1

I actually have a shrink-wrapped Spiker and is the only one I have ever seen for sale. The previous owner told me that he had purchased it from a vendor named TeleGames USA in 1990 and was unsure if the vendor had actually been the one to shrinkwrap it or if they had received it from INTV as such... my thought is must have been the TeleGames vendor based on what I've read in former threads but perhaps not (?).

That is impressive. I doubt I'll ever have two complete Spikers. I did have 2 complete...if you count the repo-box. That got sold off after I found the minty fresh one.

I'm sure yours was shrink-wrapped by the re-seller.

That surprises me that so many titles came from the manufacturer shrinkwrapped. Shrinkwrapping really only seemed to become standard post-crash, from what I can remember. I'd have guessed maybe half the catalog would have been shrinkwrapped - maybe because it's so Mattel-heavy, it skews things.

Unless of course the stores that I shopped in BITD removed manufacturer plastic. That wasn't unheard of well into the 90s.

That surprises me that so many titles came from the manufacturer shrinkwrapped. Shrinkwrapping really only seemed to become standard post-crash, from what I can remember. I'd have guessed maybe half the catalog would have been shrinkwrapped - maybe because it's so Mattel-heavy, it skews things.

Unless of course the stores that I shopped in BITD removed manufacturer plastic. That wasn't unheard of well into the 90s.

I think that if not glued...carts would walk out the doors in pockets. So most manufacturers shrink-wrapped. I was the 21 year father at the time. Most of the games I bought were from Toys R Us and later KayBee toys. I don't remember EVER buying anything not shrink-wrapped. That said by 1986 I wasn't buying Intellivision stuff. It would have been Amiga.

I'd love to see someone complete a sealed Sears collection. I don't see many of those, much less all 29/30.

I've got 5 Sealed for sale or better yet trade that I have two of!!!!