IGNORED

9640 News BBS Online via Telnet

9640News

I have gotten my BBS up and running for users to Telnet into at 9640News.ddns.net, port 9640.

Right now, the ip address is: 99.119.246.89, 9640

I've got a bunch of file areas, and will be expanding over time.

As far as file areas, I am in the process of trying to link to comp.sys.ti which I believe has very infrequent content. There is also another "Retro" network with older computers that exist out there. Not sure if the TI is supported out there or not, but if it is, I will find it.

The software I am using is Mystic BBS. Within it, there is the capability if other Mystic sysops desire, files can be exchanged, etc.

Anyways, the board is out there and I have it setup to handle 20 connections at one time.

Beery

• Like 5

As luck would have it, my AT&T U-Verse line or router is a bit flaky at the moment. I have a service call and to get an appointment when I will be home is over a week out. So, if there are connection issues, know it will be fixed pretty soon. Right now, the service light is on my router so I have a connection. For the pas t2 hours, it has been out.

There is a 50:50 chance Mr. Groundhog has messed up my line feed to the house.

Beery

Also, some time ago I put the file ftp://ftp.whtech.com/Geneve/9640news/all.hdon WHTech which is a single MAME HD image containing all 9640News disk images. It is not really intended to be used in MAME (which is possible, though) but to be searched for its contents, using TIImageTool. You can search for file names, file dates, and file contents, even in archives.

By that way, I got to know a lot of Geneve software that I never heard about before.

• Like 3

I have gotten my BBS back up and running for users to Telnet into at 9640News.ddns.net, port 9640. I replaced the router, and thus far, everything for the past hour has been functioning as it should be.

Right now, the ip address is: 99.119.246.201, 9640 (note: this changed from the earlier IP address).

As far as file areas, I am in the process of trying to link to comp.sys.ti which I believe has very infrequent content. There is also another "Retro" network with older computers that exist out there. Not sure if the TI is supported out there or not, but if it is, I will find it.

The software I am using is Mystic BBS. Within it, there is the capability if other Mystic sysops desire, files can be exchanged, etc.

Anyways, the board is out there and I have it setup to handle 20 connections at one time.

Beery

• Like 1

I have gotten my BBS back up and running for users to Telnet into at 9640News.ddns.net, port 9640. I replaced the router, and thus far, everything for the past hour has been functioning as it should be.

Right now, the ip address is: 99.119.246.201, 9640 (note: this changed from the earlier IP address).

Beery

may want to use something like noip.com to get dynamic DNS, so that you can have a DNS name and the client will automatically update the IP to the global DNS servers.

both Heatwave and FuSiON BBS use it. It's free too.

• Like 1

I replaced my AT&T router yesterday afternoon and things after a bit came up fine, or so I thought.

Last night, after SHIFT838 was online, I went to bed. Right before turning in, I went to do a final check on the BBS and the internet was offline again.

I did a router reboot this morning after removing all the lines but the one incoming DSL line. It's been up and down. Service guy will not be here until January 8th. So, if you get online, fine. If not, the board is still running but inaccessible through a hotspot wireless connection to Verizon with no port forwarding available to get to the BBS. All I can do is go out and pick up mail waiting for the service guy to make his appearance.

At the moment, 9640news.ddns.net:9640 is online.

Later,

Beery

• Like 1