IGNORED

Fried Jaguar with wrong power supply, where to send?

xderekrx

Hey guys first post here and well its an embarrassing one.

I did the newb thing.

I got a Jaguar and Jaguar CD from craigslist add very cheap but it only came with 1 power supply.

Since I was too eager to test it without simply researching, I grab my SNES power supply and used it on the Jag CD while the regular Jag power supply on the Jag itself. I figure I burned the CD there. Then I switched the adapters around and fried the Jag itself.

Pretty upset with myself as Im a pretty hardcore retro gamer (Saturn, Sega CD, NES etc) but definitely did bad here.

Anyway, are there any places that repair these? Or anywhere on here?

I tried emailing the Best Electronics place that was suggested somewhere here but I was told 3 month wait on Jag CD and no longer do regular Jag.

Thank you for any help

Edited by xderekrx

How did you even manage to get an SNES power supply plug to fit into either of the Jaguar's console power ports? The SNES power plug is physically too large. Unless you meant and NES power supply? And yes, that will fry your Jaguar's voltage regulator.

How did you even manage to get an SNES power supply plug to fit into either of the Jaguar's console power ports? The SNES power plug is physically too large. Unless you meant and NES power supply? And yes, that will fry your Jaguar's voltage regulator.

Ah yes meant NES

Does anyone know if I likely fried both the Jag CD and Jag? Its hard to confirm as the Jag doesnt work. I guess best to fix the Jag first then see if the CD will work after.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't mean to ghost on this thread.

I ended up first taking it to a local retro game store here. They advertise they can repair "any" game console. So I brought it in and they have a guy that assesses what to do with hit. Hasn't gotten back to me yet.

• Like 1

New York United States (Buffalo to be exact)

I have a guy in Vermont who will fix them and ever put in a circuit so it's impossible to overload them again. He can also change the LED to any color if you want. PM me if interested. I only mention because it's a quick ship from Buffalo, but if you can find someone local that might be a better option.

I have a guy in Vermont who will fix them and ever put in a circuit so it's impossible to overload them again. He can also change the LED to any color if you want. PM me if interested. I only mention because it's a quick ship from Buffalo, but if you can find someone local that might be a better option.

Thanks Ill keep that in mind.