IGNORED

Intellivisionaries ep 33 is up! Solar Sailer!

Rick Reynolds

I would like to propose a re-release or the episode with the censor bleep, and a different jpg for the show. It would make an official variant of the release, something for collectors like my man CMart to get. Also increasing Steve C’s notoriety as the first interviewee to slip one past the Reynolds editing department.

The censoring department was a bit lax this episode. Several iterations of the word "can't" were allowed through. And in the case you mention, the nickname for "Richard" was deemed acceptable. They had no comment on the quality or class of interviewees.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 1

I would like to propose a re-release or the episode with the censor bleep, and a different jpg for the show. It would make an official variant of the release, something for collectors like my man CMart to get. Also increasing Steve C’s notoriety as the first interviewee to slip one past the Reynolds editing department.

Heh. That sounds like a great use of my time! But actually, Dz holds that honor, slipping a four letter word past the censors back in episode 4 (which was never corrected in a followup MP3).

With some exceptions (like the aforementioned episode 4), the Reynolds departments are not affiliated with the editing or censoring departments.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

I would like to propose a re-release or the episode with the censor bleep, and a different jpg for the show. It would make an official variant of the release, something for collectors like my man CMart to get. Also increasing Steve Cs notoriety as the first interviewee to slip one past the Reynolds editing department.

Haha! But will there be a box and overlays to go with that?

Euphemism?

Strangely, given the crowd, that is not a euphemism, every time he ordered steak or prime rib he got shafted.

I, on the other hand, had just gotten my braces off the day before and had the best steak and prime rib I've had in 2 and a half years :)

Heh. That sounds like a great use of my time! But actually, Dz holds that honor, slipping a four letter word past the censors back in episode 4 (which was never corrected in a followup MP3).

Woo-hoo! I'm famous! :lol:

• Like 1

Great episode. Loved hearing Keith tell his stories. I still cant believe he is gone. This is a game Ive done a complete 180 on. I used to think it was one of the worst games on the intellivision way back when, but now it really is one of the most intellivision-ished games on the system and I really enjoy it. :)

• Like 1

I found out that with the five digit access codes, the first digit is the track number and the second digit is the target sector (3/4/5). So you only have to remember the last three digits. That's if you are playing without a pencil.

Hmm.. that's something I didn't notice. Looking at the notebook I wrote in while playing, that certainly looks to be the case. Interesting.

Paul mentioned that he got Solar Sailer for free with a Mattel Electronics offer with some proof of purchase. In Canada Mattel was not so generous, they offered a $5 rebate with the purchase of any Intellivoice cartridge. My B17 Bomber cartridge has the part number cut out of the box and below is a scan of my original rebate offer with the form I cut out. The Intellivoice was CA$80 and the cartridge was around $40, so B17 Bomber was one expensive game. The offer was good for purchases until August 15 1983. There is no start cutoff date, so it could have been used with cartridges purchased when they first came out in 1982.

post-43287-0-37286000-1515248035_thumb.png

ivsm.pdf

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 5

Paul mentioned that he got Solar Sailer for free with a Mattel Electronics offer with some proof of purchase. In Canada Mattel was not so generous, they offered a $5 rebate with the purchase of any Intellivoice cartridge. My B17 Bomber cartridge has the part number cut out of the box and below is a scan of my original rebate offer with the form I cut out. The Intellivoice was CA$80 and the cartridge was around $40, so B17 Bomber was one expensive game. The offer was good for purchases until August 15 1983. There is no start cutoff date, so it could have been used with cartridges purchased when they first came out in 1982.

I don't recall seeing that offer, but I t's possible it was available concurrently in the US as well. My Solar Sailer was definitely free - as I mentioned in the episode, I believe it was related to the purchase of an Intellivoice and proof of purchase of additional non-Intellivoice games.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I finally finished listening to all 7 hours of episode 33 today. I feel like I've earned a patch or something. :)

The Reynolds Research Dept handles patch distribution...

...good luck with that.

• Like 2

The Reynolds Research Dept handles patch distribution...

...good luck with that.

Do you need to send in a video of yourself listening to all 7 hours. To qualify for the patch? Just asking. ;)

• Like 2

All kidding aside, I don't see a big deal of listening to a 7 hour podcast. For me it makes a workday more bearable. The fact that these guys can't get together more often to put out shorter podcasts is the main reason we get a big one. Just because other podcasts last only and hour doesn't mean they have to do the same. I appreciate the work that gets put into these podcasts even though they are not released on a regular schedule. It just makes me look forward to and appreciate the shows all the more. Now about that Space Patrol episode... ;) :D

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 2

All kidding aside, I don't see a big deal of listening to a 7 hour podcast. For me it makes a workday more bearable. The fact that these guys can't get together more often to put out shorter podcasts is the main reason we get a big one. Just because other podcasts last only an hour doesn't mean they have to do the same. I appreciate the work that gets put into these podcasts even though they are not released on a regular schedule. It just makes me look forward to and appreciate the shows all the more. Now about that Space Patrol episode... ;) :D

Even if these guys got together daily, we'd still be wanting the same long podcast outputs :lust:

• Like 3